Question Townshend Maximum Supertweeters

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I decided to keep my Tannoy 6.4 precision for life a while ago.

Would investing in some Townshend Maximum Supertweeters boost the overall sound?

I plan to buy 2x Rel TX9 eventually, as well.

I listen to most 2 channel stereo via Tidal Master.

I have money to spend and thinking of investing back into the speakers.

I see my speakers as a loyal wife :)

There are those who swear by supertweeters*, though they tend only to emit frequencies that we cannot actually hear, and that aren't carried by CD or vinyl. I've always been sceptical.

I'd suggest that you don't buy without trying, and do repeated back-to-back listens of the same piece, as sometimes a difference that you hear initially disappears - you realise that you were just listening more carefully.

*Or maybe that should be 'were' - I haven't heard a mention of them in a long time.

There are those who swear by supertweeters*, though they tend only to emit frequencies that we cannot actually hear, and that aren't carried by CD or vinyl. I've always been sceptical.

I'd suggest that you don't buy without trying, and do repeated back-to-back listens of the same piece, as sometimes a difference that you hear initially disappears - you realise that you were just listening more carefully.

*Or maybe that should be 'were' - I haven't heard a mention of them in a long time.
I would tend to agree with above post and can certainly see how a decent subwoofer might help a system I am yet to be convinced of the need for two of them and indeed supertweeters that works at frequencies you cannot hear( at least I cannot), not sure if CD can carry it or not......pretty sure Tidal will not.
Personally, if I had this much money to spend, I would certainly be looking to spend it on a speaker upgrade rather than trying to enhance the speakers that I already have.
At £1200 each I would have to be very convicted they would improve my system over and above a new pair of speakers costing £4600
Personally I would be happy with a more expensive loyal wife rather than one who needed others help to back her up. :)

Last edited:

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I think you guys are correct.

I feel, after thinking I might invest in a subwoofer first, rather than opening another thread.

The Rel T9x is known to be great for music, is it worth the money or can I do better?

Happy to spend £1000-£1500.... Any recommendations?

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts