totally confused

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the market for a new tv and am totally confused by the ranges and options even as far as LCD vs Plasma. I liked the idea of LGs pg6900 with built in hard drive but am concered about screen burn lifespan etc. I have seen a Toshiba 42cv505db for approx £550 with 5 yr warranty but it gets only average reviews. I wonder if a regular Joe would notice the differences the experts see and is it worth all the fuss. At the end of the day I want a decent quality TV that will not be obsolete in a year and allow me to build up my equipment i.e. Blu ray,Sky HD etc. Any advise would be most welcome on a budget of £600-£700.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I can't comment on the current range of sets but you've almost given yourself the information/advice you seek. Take the experts top recommendations as a shortlist and choose which ones you fancy (preferred brand or size for example) then demo them for yourself including both HD and SD demonstrations. If you can, get an audition at a shop who would allow you to bring your own DVD/BD then take advantage of this and view material that you are familiar with.

You are your own best judge - if something about a set doesn't sit well with you, there's no point me telling you to get it anyway coz you'll only be unhappy and hate me - if you get my drift.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS