Hi everyone,

New to this forum but really needed some help. I bought a Toshiba SB M2 stereo amp and its in good condition but when plugged in to everything (turntable, cd player, bluetooth reciever) the sound output is stupidly low. Im pretty much an amateur to all this lark so any advice would be greatly appreciated?

haha yes that would be a good start, its a cheapo pair of tibo edge mini. im still a student so as long as it works im happy. im trying to change out my amp which is one of those small cheap mini amps with only one pair of inputs to something which means i can plug all my inputs in.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
both your rather old amp and speakers shows that the amp outputs a maximum of 30w (when new) per channel into 8ohms but your speakers have an impedance of between 4 & 8 ohm's. This means that the amp will have to work much harder to produce a reasonable volume level.

There may be other (internal) things wrong with the amp that would need a technical person to have a look at.

*music2*

hmmm ok my old amp (lepy lp2024) has the follwing details: * Output power: 20W x 2 RMS

* Input power: DC12-13.5V>3A
* Impedance: 4-8 ohm

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]yet it operates perfectly? would it be fair to say the amp just doesnt work? [/font]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts