Tone screech at start of Adverts

Samd

Worked out that it happens every time a prog broadcast in DD 3/2 changes to an advert in 2 channel. It's a very annoying screech. Looked on web and it appears to be 'around' but not many hits and no answers. The concern for me is I don't think I ever came across it with my previous AVR (Denon). I only changed a few days ago and every single connection on changeover was made with the identical ones from the Denon - plug out Denon - plug in Anthem. Have rechecked them all also and tried different HDMI leads.

Anyone had this please or suggestions to correct it?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Samd said:
Worked out that it happens every time a prog broadcast in DD 3/2 changes to an advert in 2 channel.  It's a very annoying screech.  Looked on web and it appears to be 'around' but not many hits and no answers.  The concern for me is I don't think I ever came across it with my previous AVR (Denon).  I only changed a few days ago and every single connection on changeover was made with the identical ones from the Denon - plug out Denon - plug in Anthem.  Have rechecked them all also and tried different HDMI leads.

Anyone had this please or suggestions to correct it?

I'll look out more but on now TV it happens
I also hate it.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I can't help you out there. Going a bit off track, how do you find the anthem in comparison to your previous denon. Is it every bit as good as it is made out to be. Thanks

Samd

newlash09 said:
Sorry I can't help you out there. Going a bit off track, how do you find the anthem in comparison to your previous denon. Is it every bit as good as it is made out to be. Thanks

Don't know what I have done but el screechio has gone!

Anthem - absolutely brilliant. We decided that the 5.1 was all we needed. We rarely watch the type of films at home where more is needed. When I first set it up with a quick try out, I could tell the difference immediately in terms of clarity but after running the Anthem Room Correction (another ARC!), it went up another three or four notches particularly in sound stage terms. I only did the ARC a couple of days ago but keep loading up a CD or flac and every one so far has given me an 'outbursting wow' at some part(s) of every track. I spent some time previously with the Denon sorting out my subwoofer but ARC has tightened that up beautifully.

Two negatives sorted but worth mentioning.

1. TV Channels in DD 3/2 have higher volume than 2/0.

2. Start-up volume is set at system level rather than at individual 'source' level.

So after a bit of trial and error, I have had to use Dolby Volume (and leveller) which can be set at source level, only when watching Satellite telly. This sorts both issues with no boring volume adjustments any more. BD player, Cambridge CXN for flacs etc remain at pure output.

Everthing feels quality build and I am really pleased. Surprisingly, the manual is very basic - written for people who know what they're doing - not me then!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts