To wait or not to wait........and which is the best between....?

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Trying my best to hold tight and wait on the new 2011 TVs but there are some great bargains out there just now...

was looking to go 60" + and you can now get the Sony KDL-60LX903U for well under the 4K mark(around £3800), now I've never considered Samsung before but must admit to drooling over the 55C9000 when it was reviewed, but at intro price of 7K totally discounted it .....I have found this TV online now for £4400, just a pity it was not 60", not sure the jump from 52 to 55 is big enough....Then there is the Samsung 65C8000 for £4700....any opinions on the above sets compared to each other ?

OR do I hang fire and see what the Spring releases bring on, would be great if the new Sony LX went up to 63" or Samsungs new 9000 range was to go 60+......any ideas what's coming....?

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

1. The 55C9000 is the best screen i have seen period. (a period followed by a period... hmmm) The only 3D screen that you actually can enjoy 3D.

2. Maths : for a 5.76% (55/52-1)increase in the diagonal you get about 12%(1.0576^2) increase in the panel which is not huge but it is visible, and is a bit more than the difference the 40'' with the 42" has. The frame is important on how big a tv looks overall.

But then again 52 with 60 or 63 is a massive difference and down to what you need it for and personal opinion.

P.S: Got no idea what the new models are going to be and how pricey... but maybe the older models are going to become cheaper.

A

Anonymous

Well I am very happy with my Samsung LE46C650

Best tv I have ever owend, but then again I never owned a kuro.

But have owned LG's and Panasonics plasma, and this tv beats them all

A

Anonymous

canada16:

Well I am very happy with my Samsung LE46C650

Best tv I have ever owend, but then again I never owned a kuro.

But have owned LG's and Panasonics plasma, and this tv beats them all

Heheh that's one really happy owner! I am aming for the same model but then again i may go to the all time best value 50pk350 which apparently now its only 514£ from Dixons! KABOOM! How the hell can you go wrong at this price?

Apologies for being off topic

A

Anonymous

I got to say, seen the PK590 and 350 and I was not that impressed with the colours and blacks, and even played with the settings.

Also the C650 that I have, can stream MKV files with dts core, which is a real bonus for me.

But 513 for a 50" is a real crowd pleaser

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Definitely going to wait came across this video from the Vegas CES, and I'm sold........65" please.......!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-ljpdky2c

Seriously though if Samsung have incoporated the 3D spec of this years 9000 series TV into this range, plus new 'wrap around' headband style bluetooth glasses, its got to be a winner surely.....review asap please

michael hoy

lcd4ever:
Definitely going to wait came across this video from the Vegas CES, and I'm sold........65" please.......!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-ljpdky2c

Seriously though if Samsung have incoporated the 3D spec of this years 9000 series TV into this range, plus new 'wrap around' headband style bluetooth glasses, its got to be a winner surely.....review asap please

My wife wants one on looks alone, will be on my list.

A

Anonymous

Have you considered a JVC X3 at £3500

screen size, well anything you want really up to 120" and more, which given the WOW factor alone I feel will knock the spots off any panel

TRENDING THREADS