To trim or not ...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
As you all know, when you get a little older, hair starts to appear where hair shouldn't be. - I have the dilemma of whether to trim the hairs in my ears or not. - I like the sound of my hifi but I'm worried that loosing that hair might change the way I perceive things.

Is plaiting a safer option?

Many thanks

regards

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Nobody finds hairy ears on a lady attractive DM so I think you need to bite the bullet and invest in a trimmer of some description.

Think of it as a cheap upgrade that you get to make every couple of weeks :)

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
You think you have problems........

47e17f7195232tn.jpg

John Duncan

To be sure, I'd like to know what God has in store for me as I get older that requires me to have longer ear and nasal hair. My father had such long eyebrows that they have become known as 'Lennies' in my family, and my 'brows are now rife with them.

Eyes and nose I trim myself with some very sharp hairdressing scissors but for ears a friend recommended a treatment used by Turkish barbers where they rub the ear hair with kerosene and set light to it...

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Eyes and nose I trim myself with some very sharp hairdressing scissors but for ears a friend recommended a treatment used by Turkish barbers where they rub the ear hair with kerosene and set light to it...

a new barbers found my way remove your ear hair that way. Only thing is they don't tell you what they are doing, first time they light your ear it's a little bit freaky. I think they should have a warning sign up myself!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I would have objected less to unwanted bodyhair had I been allowed to keep it in areas where I do want it, like my head. I was born with a full head of hair and bald everywhere else. After 40 odd years, the situation has reversed.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The strange thing about hair (men in most cases), is that it appears to get directionally challenged.

At around 40 (earlier in some cases), instead of growing upwards, it tunnels down and out every other orifice it can find, and I do mean every orifice. Then, when it can go no further, as a final insult,it sprouts out of the toes. Unfortunately, this means it then leaves bald batches (though, with your blonde locks, you seem more blessed than most).

My theory is that when our Creator was bored and wanted a little further amusement, he thought that this particular wind-up seemed a good idea at the time.....as if making the opposite sex completely incomprehensible wasn't enough!

Since your question deserves an answer, rather than endless technical twaddle (background info), it would be to let it grow wild and act as a "nagging filter"....though I'd trim the hair everywhere else, as boscage emanating from the old schnoz is most unbecoming on a Blonde, that's as beautiful as as your good self.

Now your less palatable albums will sound better, and for everything else, just turn up the volume.

Simples!

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
I'm a plucker in this regard as I'm sure most will understand. I also find that about 2 weeks after a haircut (well at least I still need them!) I get hairs sprouting from the flap (technical name = pinna), as if stray cut ones have taken root.

Any hair growing from the canal should be left intact, otherwise when the wind blows I have to be careful which way I stand to avoid blow-through, which is manifested as an off-key whistle. Maybe I should consider fitting some foam plugs, a la ported speakers? Or would that mean I became a bass-head??

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
The strange thing about hair (men in most cases), is that it appears to get directionally challenged. At around 40 (earlier in some cases), instead of growing upwards, it tunnels down and out every other orifice it can find, and I do mean every orifice. Then, when it can go no further, as a final insult,it sprouts out of the toes. Unfortunately, this means it then leaves bald batches (though, with your blonde locks, you seem more blessed than most). My theory is that when our Creator was bored and wanted a little further amusement, he thought that this particular wind-up seemed a good idea at the time.....as if making the opposite sex completely incomprehensible wasn't enough! Since your question deserves an answer, rather than endless technical twaddle (background info), it would be to let it grow wild and act as a "nagging filter"....though I'd trim the hair everywhere else, as boscage emanating from the old schnoz is most unbecoming on a Blonde, that's as beautiful as as your good self. Now your less palatable albums will sound better, and for everything else, just turn up the volume. Simples!

Every orifice?! Maybe that's why they couldn't fit the catheter..... ;)

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that a layyydeeee of your refinement would pluck. But that might just be wishful thinking.

Glad you're still around. :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS