To hiss or not to hiss?

Just borrowed this tape deck from the girlfriends dad, it looks cool, think the head needs a good clean. Surprisingly, no hiss at all!

I just borrowed it to see if my old abused cassettes still play after being left in the shed for four winters..

The first one is playing alright... No pops and crackles here, a nice warm analogue sound to it.

The future? Nah!

but it's definitely a bit of fun.

image_3.jpeg

K

keeper of the quays

bigfish786 said:
Just borrowed this tape deck from the girlfriends dad, it looks cool, think the head needs a good clean. Surprisingly, no hiss at all! 

I just borrowed it to see if my old abused cassettes still play after being left in the shed for four winters.. 

The first one is playing alright... No pops and crackles here, a nice warm analogue sound to it. 

The future? Nah!

Very nice kit..is that two cans of drink at bottom of hifi rack?

keeper of the quays said:
bigfish786 said:

The future? Nah!

smelly candles!

I light them to dry the air out for faster driver response! Lol. And they smell like pie. :)

bigfish786 said:
bigfish786 said:

The future? Nah!

smelly candles!

I light them to dry the air out for faster driver response! Lol. And they smell like pie. :)

I believe you could improve the sound quality of your system by switching the position v of those candles. :)

Gray

Good old JVC. I've got their KD21, the red peak LEDs were a bit of a novelty when I bought it!

Mechanical pause control, great for tight edits. Then came solenoids with their half-second delay, which was a lifetime to me.

If I'm not mistaken, you've got mic / line mixing on that deck. Luxury.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OMG - a post from someone in the alternative mirror universe. Love the Simaudio CDP! I gave away about 50 cassettes to someone at work - must ask them if they've listened to any yet. As for tapes, they always sounded OKish when recorded but always sounded crap a year later - apart from some TDK ones with aluminium bodies. I gave up on Dolby C & used B as a compromise - less amplitude distortion. I loved making up my own party compilations!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
bigfish786 said:
bigfish786 said:

The future? Nah!

smelly candles!

I believe you could improve the sound quality of your system by switching the position v of those candles. :)

You would have to burn them in first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts