Tivoli Music System Vs Arcam Solo Mini

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I am thinking of purchasing a Tivoli Music System for an entertaiment room I am building. Can anyone recommend or is there a better alternative out there?

many thanks

airliebird

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
I would really appreciate some advice please. I am looking at the Tivoli or the Arcam Solo Mini. This will be the first top end system I have bought and I would really appreciate some advice. Can anybody help please?

davo

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Since no-one else has voluteered...

I have both Arcam and Tivoli products. In my view, if yr aim is to be "top end" then Arcam wins. The Tivoli looks stylish and sounds pleasant but does not have the bite and snap of real hi-fi. But why not compare for yrself?

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Davo is right. If its purely for music quality, Arcam would be a better choice. However, I do have the Model Two, Model CD and Model Sub. And I really love it but I am using it for my bedroom. Not for an actual music room. It may lack in power if u r looking into pushing the volume limit.

Below some of my comments from different threads:

Just bought the Model CD from the KL International AV show at 40% discount :) Hooked it up to the Model Two radio and slotted in Diana Krall CD. First impression, quite flat. Maybe because it was at 1230 a.m so it was on low volume. Had a listen for 30 mins and decided to let it run on repeat all night long. Went to bed with a soft soothing sound from the unit.

Woke up this morning, and increased the volume via the credit card sized RC and to my surprised, it sounded bold and full. Diana vocals were upfront, the sound of the snare from 'S Wonderful was vibrant and the double bass was warm.

Slipped in Maroon 5, and it just gets better. The stereo imaging (I have each speaker on each side of the bedside table) was balanced enough to make me feel like the room was filled with music.

It can do better with a little bit more bass. Planning to purchase the Model Sub today, also at 40% discount to complete the set up.

I must really love this Tivoli Audio as I am rambling on about it. Bought the Model Subwoofer yesterday at the discounted price. Connected it to the Model Two radio and voila, the sound improved instantly. Had a go with different type of music to find a subtle bass setting. Once achieved, the overall sound from the Model CD is very impressive. Its not all gung ho for really high volumes but it does give a big impression of the sound. Its full and bold. I really recommend for those looking for a bedroom set.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts