Tired of tv reviews!! Love the mag!! Some ideas!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
chebby:

bigboss:As far as I know, absolutely nothing in the world can make your brain bigger!
emotion-5.gif

Adequate nutrition from birth until maturity does the trick. After that it's all downhill.

It can make your brain sharper, but not bigger. The size of your brain depends on the size of your skull, not the other way round.
emotion-40.gif

Come to think of it, brain's decline will accelerate if you're not keeping up with news etc. So, actually, TV is good for your brain's development!
emotion-55.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:chebby:

bigboss:As far as I know, absolutely nothing in the world can make your brain bigger!
emotion-5.gif

Adequate nutrition from birth until maturity does the trick. After that it's all downhill.

It can make your brain sharper, but not bigger. The size of your brain depends on the size of your skull, not the other way round.
emotion-40.gif

Come to think of it, brain's decline will accelerate if you're not keeping up with news etc. So, actually, TV is good for your brain's development!
emotion-55.gif

If that's what you believe, it seems it's already too late for your brain and the massive zombie box police have already got to you.

TV is pretty evil, lets face it.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
bennyboy71:
bigboss:chebby:

emotion-5.gif

emotion-40.gif

emotion-55.gif

If that's what you believe, it seems it's already too late for your brain and the massive zombie box police have already got to you.

TV is pretty evil, lets face it.

Big Boss is a Doc. I reckon his brain's doing just fine.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Right. TVs do not all look the same (see the awful smudge resistant finish on the last generation of Panasonics, and any TVs who's manufacturers think its a good idea to tinge them with red or have blue lights on them or suchlike). The buyer's guide is exactly that, so it is useful if you want to buy something. Funny that, innit?

And, last time I checked, brains could not be sharpened. They are not pencils.

Bah! Humbug!

A

Anonymous

al7478:
Right. TVs do not all look the same (see the awful smudge resistant finish on the last generation of Panasonics, and any TVs who's manufacturers think its a good idea to tinge them with red or have blue lights on them or suchlike). The buyer's guide is exactly that, so it is useful if you want to buy something. Funny that, innit?

And, last time I checked, brains could not be sharpened. They are not pencils.

Bah! Humbug!

Oh no! TVs don't all look the same? Tell me it aint true! What if it clashes with the sofa? Nooooooooooooo!!

Thankfully WHF is here to save the day, with its buyer's guide that contains zero photos of said televisions.....

Get a grip man. Massive TVs all look pretty much identical and offer the same features as each other these days, albeit in ever more confusing configurations and jargon. Even if you can get Facebook on one and not another, who cares? Thats not the important bit. What's important is the moving pictures - TVs are just giant pacifiers that offer you an escapist version of reality different enough to your own miserable version that you don't shoot yourself in the face when you get home from work. Choose a slightly different shaped dummy to suckle and dribble on, spend that month's wages on a new teet for the corner of your suburban nightmare nest. Look - this one can recognise your face and the silent tears welling behind your eyes! Woo. What a time to be alive!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Only 10am, and already a strong contender for Bizarre Post of the Day...

Thanks. I take that as a compliment.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
bennyboy71:

Andrew Everard:Only 10am, and already a strong contender for Bizarre Post of the Day...

Every single word of your post was entirely accurate and necessary and yes, it is definitely me, as opposed to you, who needs to get a grip.

So thanks for the tip.

A

Anonymous

al7478:bennyboy71:

Every single word of your post was entirely accurate and necessary and yes, it is definitely me, as opposed to you, who needs to get a grip.

So thanks for the tip.

No worries. Glad to be of service.

Next up: why headphones should never, ever, ever be worn in public.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

bennyboy71:Next up: why headphones should never, ever, ever be worn in public.

I'd like to hear about prawns - why are they here and what do they want?

Sssssh. Meet me under the bridge at midnight and come alone.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
bennyboy71:professorhat:

bennyboy71:Next up: why headphones should never, ever, ever be worn in public.

I'd like to hear about prawns - why are they here and what do they want?

Sssssh. Meet me under the bridge at midnight and come alone.
I suspect that might be something you do a lot of the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts