time for the amp upgrade, opinions please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current setup is Marantz CD6002 (new), Marantz PM66se (old), Kef IQ5's (new), Vanden Hul The name and Silver anniversary XT cables (both new). I think it is time to upgrade the amp.

I have a budget of approx £400 for the amp and this needs to include MM phono.

My ideas were Pioneer A-A6-J, Nad C352CT, Rotel RA-05, Marantz PM7001. I listen to all types of music from classical to heavy metal but avoiding most dance music so my priorities are a clean open sound that keeps the treble of those Kef's in check.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as i don't actually know how good the PM66SE is supposed to be.

Thanks in advance. Scott.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I just got the Creek Evo for £350 from Superfi a few weeks before Christmas (they are now selling it at £425!) and it retails at £495. I haven't listened to it yet - waiting for my stand to be built (being delivered on Saturday) - but it's supposed to be superb and very detailed. I looked at all the ones you mention and the Creek won for me because of the reviews and the power (and it looks great too!).

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"] just got the Creek Evo for £350 from Superfi a few weeks before Christmas (they
are now selling it at £425!) and it retails at £495. [/quote]

That's the one :- )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts