Time for a new Freeview PVR?

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Time for a new Freeview PVR?

My old Humax PVR-9200T seems to be near the end of its life. If we put it on standby the clock goes to dashes and just doesn’t record anything we have asked it to. But it will if we don’t put on standby – so it means leaving it on all the time. (We have tried to reboot many times - but no joy)

So do you know a fix?

If not and I need to spend money on a new one...
What do you think of the Humax HDR-FOX T2 (eg Does it have iPlayer now – and is that easy to set up?)
Or do you have other recommendations

Thanks folk

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A second vote here for the Digitalstream, I purchased one approximately 6 months ago and it has worked flawlessly. MIT have also been good in updating the software as and when necessary, some of the best customer support I have seen in fact.

A

Anonymous

Third vote for the Digital Stream it really is a superlative PVR with the updates that DS have done. I went for the 500gb from John Lewis, you can always take it back within 30 days if you dont like it...good luck :beer:

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, this is a tricky one. Way back in December last year, Digital Stream made the necessary changes to allow iPlayer to be accessed via the red button (as opposed to a web portal version which is the way the Humax works). It should just have been a question of the BBC testing this, putting the DS on the authorised list and hey presto, iPlayer is accessible. For some reason however, there has been some batting back and forth between Digital Stream and the BBC over such things as compliance, testing and accreditation, which means it still hasn't been enabled.

So, in theory, iPlayer will be coming to the Digital Stream very soon. However, they've been saying this for 9 months now, which is not exactly inspiring. If iPlayer is a big deal, it may be best to go with the Humax, since it's definitely enabled on this - I don't want to say go with the DS and for you then to be disappointed. However, if it's a nice to have, the Digital Stream offers a great PVR for a substantial saving, and iPlayer should be enabled on it soon!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts