Tighten your nuts guys!

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
I've just checked the hex nuts on my speakers, and they all needed nipping up.

It can't be good for sound if the drivers are vibrating in their mounts.

Your choice of course but I prefer to tighten my screws using a hex key *biggrin*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I can not see any on my speakers.

Rega RS3s? You can't see the screws?

Have you removed the grilles? If you have removed the grilles and still can't see fixing screws/bolts please post a photo of the drivers here as i'm intrigued.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
MrReaper182 said:
I can not see any on my speakers.

if you have RS3, there should be four bolts holding the driver, and three holding the tweeter.

then a further four holding your bass driver on the side of the cabinet.

I dont often take my grills (think that is what they are called) off my speakers but now I have they are plain to see.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I've just looked and found I need a Torx T10 screwdriver to check mine without marking them. I'll get one soon. Nothing looks or sounds amiss so they are probably fine..

I've usually only ever (carefully) tightened the screws on my speakers just once after a few months use. Only one pair (KEF Q35s) ever really needed it doing (they were obviously loose when they left the factory) about 20 years ago and the rest usually needed no more than a 90 degree turn or any tightening at all.

I always start with the assumption that they'll already be tight enough, so i'm not tempted to overtighten them.

K

keeper of the quays

No screws or nuts on my speakers..no grills either..AE1mk3s...same with my Mordaunt Short 902i (these have grills) good advice though..

keeper of the quays said:
No screws or nuts on my speakers..no grills either..AE1mk3s...same with my Mordaunt Short 902i (these have grills) good advice though..

Always periodically checked mine, a dab of Locktite helped. It was mainly the woofers that needed re-tightening. Especially after a few sessions with the Kodo Drummers of Japan. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts