Tidal hifi 10 of april

gasolin

10 of april we only have one type of tidal subscription, tidal hifi, either for one user or a familiy for the lowest price, no premium price for tidal hifi anymore. (i thought it was 10 of april)

What do you expect ?

Do we get something extra or is it just tidal hifi that doesn't cost almost twitce the price of tidal (non hifi)

What did we get ?

Last edited:

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
You get:
"All current TIDAL plans feature Max sound quality formats such as full lossless, HiRes FLAC, and Dolby Atmos (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz)".
The old Tidal lower tier was still Hi-Fi as it was up to 16/44.1... which is still considered Hi-Fi.
Now you've got 'super' Hi-Fi for a reduced price.
... but many files are still MQA and so I say Tidal sucks until the entire catalog is FLAC.
I'll stick with Qobuz thank you.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
See prince albert's March 4 post a few threads down. Tidal had to stay competitive with Amazon Unlimited and Qobuz. Amazon stopped charging extra for their HD and ultra HD in 2022, I believe it was, and Qobuz late last year -I believe it was.

Amazon was the only one that offers a lower-net-cost annual fee, although Qobuz, I believe does for their premium rate plan.

They all discriminate against single types who are subsidizing the duo and family subscribers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts