Tidal Hi Res audio support in Android

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a question hi res audio performance in Android.
My setup is: Samsung S10e (Exynos), Tidal HIFI, some headphones and speakers.
So, according to some reviews, the Samsung S10e has a HIFI DAC that supports 384 Khz 32 bits. I like how the dac sounds, it's pretty clean and soundstage is great I think. So, I was wondering if Android has real Hi Res audio support while using Tidal since all my setup supports it. If the answer is no, what can I do about it?

Regards

tag

Jan 18, 2021
Visit site
I don't know about Samsung, but the LG mobile phones focus on sound quality and certainly my LG V50 Thin Q has a 'Quad DAC' that is also capable of the first level of MQA unpack (but only when listening through the 3.5 mm headphone socket, not over bluetooth). This plays back Master quality Tidal streams fine and sounds pretty good to me. I suggest that if you are into Tidal Hi-Res streams that you go to their website and the MQA website to look up compatible devices.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
So, according to some reviews, the Samsung S10e has a HIFI DAC that supports 384 Khz 32 bits. I like how the dac sounds, it's pretty clean and soundstage is great I think. So, I was wondering if Android has real Hi Res audio support while using Tidal since all my setup supports it. If the answer is no, what can I do about it?

Regards

I have a Samsung S10+. I bought a Ztella Zorloo MQA USB DAC in the Kickstarter. Great device BTW.

Tidal MQA to play Masters tracks is only supported with the Ztella DAC using USB Pro Audio Player app which isn't free. If it can be played natively using the onboard DAC without the app I would be amazed and it's news to me.

1611317545749.png

D

Deleted member 116933

Regards

That's a complicated question and really it boils down to the device and to really know what its outputting
you'll need an amp or DAC that can you tell you what it spitting out.

Or you're just going to have to trust that what it telling is what it's giving you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts