Tidal Black Friday offer

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I've heard good things about Tidal, and I am likely going to take advantage of this offer, but is there a remarkable difference between this and like Spotify or something? My first instinct is that the sound quality might better.

iMark

At the moment I'm trying out Tidal with Black Friday offer. I have to say that I think it sounds a little bit better than Spotify with the classical music I have compared. However, I haven't been able to work out how to get Master Quality Audio through the stereo yet. Our Yamaha R-N602 had a firmware upgrade and Tidal can be selected through the MusicCast app on my iPhone. However, that streaming app only streams at CD quality. On my Mac I can listen to MQA files but I only have reasonable speakers connected and through AirPlay I can't stream higher bit rates than CD quality.

What I haven't tried yet is connecting the iPhone through the USB port of the Yamaha. I can listen to MQA files on my iPhone but I don't think my bluetooth Sennheiser earphones do justice to MQA files.

First impressions though are good. There are some interesting things you can read about the music on the iPhone app.

Isinor

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I signed up for the 3 months just to see what's it like... I've been enjoying Tidal all day via my chromecast audio. It sounds much better than Spotify! The only issue so far is not being able to chromecast directly from the Window App.

D

Deleted member 2457

Subscribed to Tidal HiFi last night so far the music seems to be clearer and stretched out if that makes sense. Decided with buying all my Blu-Ray audio discs and SACDs it was time to go for a high quality streaming service. Any thoughts on the music quality I have been experiencing? Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Don’t appear to louder though which is normally the case with higher quality music - any thoughts?

D

Deleted member 108165

Don’t appear to louder though which is normally the case with higher quality music - any thoughts?
Louder? Louder normally means that it's been compressed to hell and back leaving very little dynamic range... see loudness wars. I normally associate loudness with poor quality mastering or remastering and avoid at all costs.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Louder? Louder normally means that it's been compressed to hell and back leaving very little dynamic range... see loudness wars. I normally associate loudness with poor quality mastering or remastering and avoid at all costs.
Okay thanks. I didn’t know what to make of it so I am doing my trail period only I have already cancelled my £20 monthly subscription though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Different streaming services do appear to have different volume levels. I found Amazon and Deezer to be a higher volume than Apple Music and Tidal slightly quieter. I don’t think it necessarily relates to compression levels
Yes, I have found that too.

TRENDING THREADS