thumb print in tweeter.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My brother has just popped round and decided to stand in front off one of my b&Wcm2's and have a play with the metal dome tweeter leaveing a thumb dent, I am not a happy chappy as a change of speaker was not on the horizon until next year, my system is a nad c352, arcam cd192 and a damaged pair of b&W cm2's. My budget is tight and was thinking of moniter audio rs1 or quad 11l, What would match my kit well? Ive got 350 pounds maximum to spend, bloody hell.......

A

Anonymous

Get a new tweeter - go to www.technosound.co.uk and look about.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
OMG! What have you done to deserve that? (Or was it accidental?)

Assuming this sort of thing is liable to happen again then I recommend something that has protection over the tweeters (like Monitor Audio RS series)

Messiah

Has the sound actually been affected?? If not you can use a hoover to carefully 'pop' the tweeter back into position. I have had to do this before when my daughter decided to push one of mine in grrrrrr!

A

Anonymous

I could look to replace the tweeter however a new speaker is more appealing, ill have to spend a bit but an-upgrade or change could be a wise move.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:Get a new tweeter - go to www.technosound.co.uk and look about.

That may be a little more difficult. The CM-2 includes an internal, tapered tube that loads the 1-inch aluminum-alloy dome tweeter the same way as in B&W's Nautilus loudspeakers. I dont know if that makes 'drop-in' tweeter replacement more difficult. (Also I see no screws/nuts with which to affix/remove the tweeter.)

1482602164_5a4355d157.jpg

A

Anonymous

I think ill just buy some new speakers, ive had these for 4 years so maybe a change is on the card's. I mentioned the moniter audio rsi and the quad 11l as suitable replacements, i would also consider the kef 1q5se, thoughts please.

A

Anonymous

Quad 12L2 (11Ls bigger, improved brother), are £329 delivered at Moorgate Acoustics. Ive had fantastic service from them and can highly recommend them.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this company!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a convenient excuse to upgrade. Personally you should aim to spend much more in order to appreciate an audible difference to your B&Ws.

Use some masking tape to pull out the tweeter.

T

the record spot

Coming in under the radar here, to create a balance, wouldn't it just be easier to ask him to do the same to the other one?

Alright, I'll get my coat....

A

Anonymous

I have just put the vax hoover to the tweeter, it pulled it out and ive been able to pop it back in just fine, there is no difference to the sound and it look's fine, cheer's! I will now be useing my grills, just in case....

T

the record spot

Excellent news! Forget my suggestion in that case then!

A

Anonymous

Yea, when i turned the balence control to the damaged speaker the sound was much more muddy than the other cm2, although it look's alright it is damaged. i cant really hear much difference when there both running, im getting shot of them and buying a pair of moniter audio rs1's, ive had the for 4 years so its time for a change..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts