Thoughts on this Combination ??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

wow, whfi gave that hrt streamer very high praise.

back to the topic, one of these xtz amps is £600, 50 watts of class A power and 180 watts in total, per channel :O , plus they have a built in dac, reviews so far are very positive, and they'd drive anything.

then a set of £800 speakers and a cheap disc spinner, job done..

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
As others have said unless you specifically want the digital input of the 8200 you could perhaps look at higher grade amp & speakers and a second hand but very capable CD.
if you fancy Marantz for amp, what about the PM7004 (although an older PM7001 could be good. It was an amp I was interested in until I got my Musical Fidelity XA2, btw you would get a nice example of one of these for sub £300.
In my quite limited experience Marantz & Monitor Audio seem to compliment each other. With the new GX coming soon. A pair of GS10s might not be out of the question. (or RX2s) You've then got two components that will stand you for a while.
You could then get a second hand CD which could be upgraded. Something fro Roksan (the KC1 or mk3) could be achieved for around £200.

For instance I went from a 2nd hand KC1 (£200) to a new K2 (£900). And whilst there was improvement. One is definitely not 4.5 times better than the other.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts