Thoughts on Pioneer PL30 turntable

rjbell

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hsimmo95 said:
Hi, thinking of buying a pioneer PL30, does anyone own one of these and like it/dislike it?

Rega and Pro-ject seem to get the most attention and within the same busget. Might be a saver bet. I'm sure someone will be along soon enough who can be more help.

Hsimmo95

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
interested in both of those, first choice seems the pro-ject but the killer is the dust cover!

My first choice (cost wise) was the Marantz tt505, seems to have very good steady reviews, easy to use.

Hsimmo95

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Dust cover's seem to all be in the 100's or 200's gbp. Silly ammount of money.

Would you say the PL30 or Marantz TT5050 are good?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hsimmo95 said:
Dust cover's seem to all be in the 100's or 200's gbp. Silly ammount of money.

Not sure where you're looking but if you spend £209 on a Project Essential it comes with a dust cover. I wouldn't touch the Elemental if that's what you've been looking at. It has a fixed counter weight, no official means of adjusting the tracking force and doesn't even have antiskate by the looks of it. Bit like the toy record player I had when I was five but £150 dearer. I hae no experience of the two you mentioed, sorry.

D

Deleted member 108165

Hsimmo95 said:
Just looked at specs and seen the case! Silly me!

would you say it's hard to look after and adjust and what not for a novice ?

I only got back into vinyl about a year or so ago and started with a Pro-Ject turntable. It can be a steep learning curve but they are not hard to look after and if a ham-fisted **** like me can handle simple adjustments then I'm sure you'll be fine. Personally out of the turntables you have mentioned the Pro-Ject would be the better quality deck. If you're unsure of anything then just come back on here and ask.

PS. make sure that your amp has a phono stage otherwise you'll need to invest in a pre-amp as well.

Hsimmo95

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
It seems like the best rated for sure! Haha! I think I'll go for that one then!

i have a denon pma530ae with phono stage. Any speakers youd recommend, need bookshelf ones

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts