Thoughts on Beresford Bushmaster Dac

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Marie Antoinette

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought one before the initial run of 100 were sold.
I'm now using it with an optical cable as opposed to the coax, and I believe it sounds even better.
Thanks to one of the guys at another forum for suggesting that, as I was more than happy with the sound using a Belden/ Canare coax cable.

theadmans

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I have owned a Bushmaster MKI for a year or so and have been very happy with it. Actually auditioned it against an Audiolab M-DAC and prefered the Bushmaster (at a fraction of the cost).

Having read about the Bushmaster MK II I have decided to buy it and use my old Bushmaster in my second system.

I am just waiting for Stan to receive the next load of DACS in mid October. As a matter of interest in what ways do you feel the MK II improves on the MK I ? Have you tried the Headphone Amp - how does this compare?

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
daveg56 said:
After reading the positive reviews around the place I ordered last week and took delivery of a Bushmaster yesterday. I must admit though that I started to get cold feet while reading some of the less positive reviews I discovered over the weekend which got quite personal towards SB.

I needed to make up my own mind so I continued and am now running it in. Using a SBT as source, first impressions out of the box is that it's very, very good, it has a little more detail and space, and more extended bass than either the SBT analog out or my Resolution CDP DAC. At this stage there is not a huge amount in it.

Going to live with it now for a couple more weeks and see if/how it changes. Without a doubt though it's very good value for money.

Will provide an update.

hang on, you are running in a dac?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts