This is the AV rack you need gel

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Is it just me who thinks having 2 TVs side by side is a stupid idea? *SCRATCH*
its a little I mean a lot crazy! *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

Do you think I should pull out of the Pioneer deal? I am thinking it might be best.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I don't think buying the Pioneer is a good idea. Rest is up to you.
i think you are right. Just taken me some time to realise it. I am definitely pulling out. Cheers buddy.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just pulled out and cancelled the longer HDMI cables. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

I have already had one warning on there, probably going to get banned now. *biggrin*

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
I have already had one warning on there, probably going to get banned now. *biggrin*

i hope you do..not only are you wasting other members valuable time and effort. you need it for yourself. if i was them i'd do my best to get you banned

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
bigboss said:
i think you are right. Just taken me some time to realise it. I am definitely pulling out. Cheers buddy.

bad advice since the deal has been agreed. Imagine how the seller feels? We know Gel will only buy something else if not the Pioneer. I see he is already mentioning 4K OLED again.

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
i think you are right.  Just taken me some time to realise it.  I am definitely pulling out.  Cheers buddy. ?

bad advice since the deal has been agreed. Imagine how the seller feels? We know Gel will only buy something else if not the Pioneer. I see he is already mentioning 4K OLED again. 
The TV will sell. The seller is away for 2 weeks anyway. Yes, the seller won't feel nice, but it will help gel in 2 ways: not waste money and also he won't put reckless offers in the future.

If you check the Toshiba HD DVD thread, gel actually offered £80 initially even though the seller asked £65.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

The TV will sell. The seller is away for 2 weeks anyway. Yes, the seller won't feel nice, but it will help gel in 2 ways: not waste money and also he won't put reckless offers in the future.

If you check the Toshiba HD DVD thread, gel actually offered £80 initially even though the seller asked £65.
Agreed. BB was right to tell me to stop and think.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Is it just me who thinks having 2 TVs side by side is a stupid idea? *SCRATCH*

No bigboss, it's not just you! Everybody else does, except only one person at the time you posted. He has since changed his mind - for the time being anyway!

Mind you, I myself have two televisions in the same room - in both parlour and kitchen I have 5.5" black and white televisions at the foot of fairly large plasmas - but the small televisons are for ornament, not for serious viewing alongside the main television as Gel had been planning to do.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

If only you could do it before you commit to buying someone's item? That's 2 TV deals in a row you have pulled out of, continuing to act like that will only annoy people and may get you into trouble on AV Forums. Your issue of buying then returning stuff, or ordering items then cancelling before they've even been delivered has developed into agreeing private deals then pulling out. You come across as being a massive time waster, highlighted here by your asking forum members for recommended TV settings before you even collected the TV which you now decided against.

As for having 2 TVs side by side, I agree that's ridiculous, but I thought the second TV was going to be used in a bedroom or elsewhere?

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

If only you could do it before you commit to buying someone's item? That's 2 TV deals in a row you have pulled out of, continuing to act like that will only annoy people and may get you into trouble on AV Forums. Your issue of buying then returning stuff, or ordering items then cancelling before they've even been delivered has developed into agreeing private deals then pulling out. You come across as being a massive time waster, highlighted here by your asking forum members for recommended TV settings before you even collected the TV which you now decided against.

As for having 2 TVs side by side, I agree that's ridiculous, but I thought the second TV was going to be used in a bedroom or elsewhere?
it was going to be used for multiple purposes. I have a 100 per cent trading record on AV Forums though.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Currys do several stands, at the link below. You can refine it by selecting for the width of the stand, if you scroll about half a page further down you'll see the Width filter, for instance you can select 1000 to 1199 mm wide. Most of these are about £300, much cheaper than the custom-made one.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/tv-accessories/tv-stands/302_3012_30012_xx_xx/xx_xx_xx_xx_4-5-6-8-9-10-criteria.html
Cheers! I think I will just stick with my stand and TV for now. Although I will be tempted by the new Samsung Ultra HD Blu-Ray player.

Don't. You don't have a 4K TV, so no point in buying it now. Who knows, you may actually get a free 4K player with your future 4K TV purchase!

Besides, first generation players will be expensive. The same player will be less than £150 by Christmas.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Don't. You don't have a 4K TV, so no point in buying it now. Who knows, you may actually get a free 4K player with your future 4K TV purchase!

Besides, first generation players will be expensive. The same player will be less than £150 by Christmas.
Good call. *smile*

TRENDING THREADS