This Guy wants MORE Bass - I think I may know why........

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, was just researching some stuff on speaker cables and found some videos on Utube. One thing led to another and 20mins later I was still on it! [:D]

Anyway, watch this link - this guy is mental with all those speakers and subs in such a tiny room. One thing I noticed, was if you watch the video at 9.08 he has a close up of all the speaker cones moving in and out. Possibly his fetish - but I wont judge. But am I being drunk on caffeine and missing an obvious point or does the speaker closest to us on the video seem out of phase with the 2 speakers next to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPBT5BJ9Q6k&feature=related

Out of phase speakers = lack of bass. Possibly explaining why he felt the need to have a wall full of speakers [:p]

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Vinny7:One thing I noticed, was if you watch the video at 9.08 he has a close up of all the speaker cones moving in and out. Possibly his fetish - but I wont judge.

Lol
emotion-2.gif

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i think your right.

Looks like a pair of Rel Q401 sub's running in phase with the smaller floor standers. And the bigger pair seem to be out of phase.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Definitely out of phase.

There was some excessive cone movement on those MA's - no doubt he needs frequent driver replacements as those coils will be running extremely hot - if not, he must be extremely lucky! At those levels, it doesn't matter how many are sharing the load....

A

Anonymous

Yep definately crazy stuff. I must confess, when I first started my Hifi ladder 6 years ago. I was inexperienced and thought along the same lines as the guy in the video. I dont mean in terms of his fetish, but in the fact that more speakers is 'better' - just to clarify things
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

JamesOK:Its possibly the dullest youtube video I have ever watched, but yes I'd agree.
emotion-1.gif

If you don't want 'dull' on youtube, try the Carlsberg Penguin and the Carlsberg Squirrel. Hilarious!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts