Thinksound On2 On-Ear Wood-Earcup Stereo Headphone review

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is a very, very nice on-ear wood-earcup headphone from Thinksound. I previously reviewed their On1 headphone and Rain2 IEM. This time around, the On2 has a much better non-glossy wood finish, and I suspect better drivers, since the clarity is phenomenal. It isn't the easiest thing to have mellow sound with great clarity, so there ya go.
http://www.mymac.com/2016/10/on2-headphones-review/

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Interesting. Between this one and One more's mk 802, which one is in your opinion the better headphone, leaving portability and Bluetooth (and looks!) aside?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Interesting. Between this one and One more's mk 802, which one is in your opinion the better headphone, leaving portability and Bluetooth (and looks!) aside?

Ah yes, the hard question - now the bargain is easily the MK802, very nearly as good sonically, same price, plus Bluetooth. And since Bluetooth is a tough thing for great sonics, it makes the 802 more rare and valuable. But bargains aside, the On2 sounds better, more hi-fi, and then not only the aesthetics but the comfort etc. come into the picture. It's worth reiterating the comparisons between on-ear headphones, and just how colored most of them are. Innerfidelity for example was very impressed with headphones like the Beyer DT1350, the v-moda M80/XS, and the Beats Solo2 to name a few, but those are very colored compared to the On2. The interesting thing for me was when the On2 was released it was $300 USD, and I thought NO WAY is anyone gonna buy this, an unknown on-ear headphone at that price, unless it sounded like a Sennheiser HD650 etc. It's probably close enough to the 650 sound, but the saving grace was when they dropped it to $200. Now I feel totally comfortable saying it's likely the best in that price range, and there are good headphones in that range - the Shure 840, the Brainwavz HM5, the AKG K553, and perhaps a couple more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts