Thinking of adding a power amp

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thinking of adding a poweramp to Biamp the center speaker and feed the PV1 Sub. Not sure how much to really spend on one considering my current setup? Is £500 enough (Rotel) or should I be looking at something like the Cyrus 8?

In regards to this area I am a total novice. :grin:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
IMO It is only worth considering for improving 2 channel.......if that isn't an issue, I would save your money for something else......this is only what I would do.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
IMO It is only worth considering for improving 2 channel.......if that isn't an issue, I would save your money for something else......this is only what I would do.

Same, I always had that idea too, but never pushed ahead as I'm quite satisfied with the LX83 in stereo mode.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
duaplex said:
Same, I always had that idea too, but never pushed ahead as I'm quite satisfied with the LX83 in stereo mode.

My logic would dictate that it only makes sense to introduce another amp in the area where AV amps are weakest, which imo is for 2 channel. The one thing your Pioneer has in spades is impact and clarity, so unless you feel that the centre lacks something, I'd leave well alone.

If you listen to a good bit of music, you might be suprised at how an integrated amp might improve matters. Given your taste, you should look at a good Class D from the likes of Bel Canto or Primare. This would then provide L&R for AV and all your 2 channel; as well as matching reasonably well (tonally) with the Class D from the Pioneer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts