Thinking of a TV upgrade

isherer

May 1, 2024
Visit site
I am thinking about an upgrade but wondering whether it is worth it. I currently have a 55inch Samsung LED which is 12 years old (so not 4k). I think it has a good picture but have standards significantly improved in that time?

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
I am thinking about an upgrade but wondering whether it is worth it. I currently have a 55inch Samsung LED which is 12 years old (so not 4k). I think it has a good picture but have standards significantly improved in that time?
This would be a significant upgrade and you get a free quality soundbar and sub too:

Messiah

Only you can decide whether it’s worth it.

Have you seen any 4K content? How do YOU feel it compares?

I have a 4K TV and some 4K content can be stunning, but, I am still really impressed with Full HD Blu-Ray.

Where I feel 4K plays a part is in screen size. With 4K you can get away with a larger screen in comparison to a Full HD set at the same viewing distance.

(My Mum and Wife (just to name 2) still don’t get it when I get them to watch the HD version of a channel over the SD channel! 😩)

Only you can decide whether it’s worth it.

Have you seen any 4K content? How do YOU feel it compares?

I have a 4K TV and some 4K content can be stunning, but, I am still really impressed with Full HD Blu-Ray.

Where I feel 4K plays a part is in screen size. With 4K you can get away with a larger screen in comparison to a Full HD set at the same viewing distance.

(My Mum and Wife (just to name 2) still don’t get it when I get them to watch the HD version of a channel over the SD channel! 😩)
Same with my wife unfortunately.....

Reactions: Messiah

Felipe007

May 6, 2024
Visit site
Go for the biggest screen size you can fit in your room. And I recommend opting for Samsung S95C OLED TV, I have this TV and the visuals are stunning and OneConnect Box helps with cable mess. Better pay a bit more for a flagship experience as TV's are a purchase for years.

Gray

It just seems easier (and more logical) for many people to press 1 rather than 101 on Freeview.....repeatedly telling them why they shouldn't doesn't work - because they don't care 🤨.
My Mum always said, "If I can see it, it's good enough" - obviously loads of people feel the same about just being able to hear their audio too.
Ignorance is bliss - they ain't the paranoid ones.

Last edited:

isherer

May 1, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have seen 4k on a 50inch from about 12ft and I didn't notice much difference from HD.
I was thinking of increasing size to 65 inch. My viewing distance is 12-15ft. Plenty of room for that size tv. The current 55inch doesn't dominate the room by any means.
Another reason for thinking of an upgrade is that apps are gradually disappearing. The only common one left is iPlayer.
My wife follows a trend and can't see much difference between SD and HD!

Thanks for the replies. I have seen 4k on a 50inch from about 12ft and I didn't notice much difference from HD.
I was thinking of increasing size to 65 inch. My viewing distance is 12-15ft. Plenty of room for that size tv. The current 55inch doesn't dominate the room by any means.
Another reason for thinking of an upgrade is that apps are gradually disappearing. The only common one left is iPlayer.
My wife follows a trend and can't see much difference between SD and HD!
I have a 75-inch screen for 12ft viewing distance and it's brilliant!

Reactions: Al ears and Messiah

isherer

May 1, 2024
Visit site
I took the plunge and ordered the s95c. Great picture but...
After watching for a while TV turned itself off. Turned it back on. Turned off after a few seconds. Did this a dozen times in a row. I could even check settings because it kept turning off. Kept getting screen optimisation message on screen and said it would reset after turning off. It didn't!
Managed to check settings. All eco stuff turned off. Unplugged for several minutes. Still no good.
What is going on? I can't live with a TV I can't use.

I took the plunge and ordered the s95c. Great picture but...
After watching for a while TV turned itself off. Turned it back on. Turned off after a few seconds. Did this a dozen times in a row. I could even check settings because it kept turning off. Kept getting screen optimisation message on screen and said it would reset after turning off. It didn't!
Managed to check settings. All eco stuff turned off. Unplugged for several minutes. Still no good.
What is going on? I can't live with a TV I can't use.
Go back to whomever you bought it from - you'll be under warranty.

Felipe007

May 6, 2024
Visit site
This is obviously not normal behaviour of this TV. Do as @12th Monkey says RMA it and tip from me, connect the TV to anti-surge power strip if you hadn't before. I had only one problem with this device before I plugged it in anti-surge strip, when I turned on TV there was only sound no display, it only happened once. Now it works flawlessly.

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
I have been in contact with the seller. Awaiting call back.
I have had several Samsung TVs that turned themselves on and off and always got a refund. The one connect box on the Samsung S95C seems more temperamental than the Samsung S90C TV without one.

Felipe007

May 6, 2024
Visit site
If you could, tell me if you had to send only One Connect Box or screen panel too? I don't have problems with mine, but I think that would be a crucial information for S95C owners.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts