Think my Stylus is shot!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Had my Nagaoka 3 months now - think it is on the way out! It has been used very heavily i would say 400 hours?

I played 2 LPs last night and they sounded a bit flat, gave it a clean but no improvement! I do try to be careful with cleaning records etc, however i am forever cleaning dust & fluff off it.

What do you guys reckon, may play a few sides later and see how it is. I have ordered a replacement stylus anyway (the MP200) so will wait til that arrives and compare the 2

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm no expert but I would expect more than 400 hours. For a regular vinylista like yourself Steve, 400 hours is nothing. If it is knackered can you not contact the retailer and try and get a free replacement?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
mmmm will have a listen later - i was working in a noisy environment most of yeterday - think maybe thats the problem as my cds sounded shite too (more shite tham usual

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
the problem as my cds sounded shite too (more shite tham usual

I'm not being funny but listen to a Naim CD5 or Arcam A18 (minimum) and your CDs will have more realism.

I've had the same styli in the ClearAudio since it was purchased, around 2006.

PP, you know I am taking the P out of CDs, I picked up a used Apollo R to go with my DAC - the ATV3 was the problem - CD's sound great now - I know the Elicit R is very transparent and Im well happy with it.

As for my stylus problem, I think I must of gone tone-deaf last night after being in a noisy area at work all day. Just spiniing Editors - The Weight of your Love, everything sounding spot on!

TRENDING THREADS