Things you see you can't believe.

Secretagentmole

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
It was at a car boot sale last year that I espied a piece of card on a stall that read "All items 50p" and there under the stall was a conglomeration of cardboard boxes.

The first one had a processor unit in it that had DTS on it, as well as bearing the name Creative Inspire 5.1 5700....

Cursory examinations revealed it could process DTS. I found myself asking if it was 50p a box (cost £1.50) or 50p the lot.

50p the lot I was told, not sold it goes in the recycling point... I paid 50p and picked up the rather heavy boxes and exited rapidly.

Examination back at the car showed I had the power supply, full set of connectors including TOS link, speaker cables, 4 surround speakers, centre speaker, sub woofer and processor. I also had extention phono cables and couplers the for the surround speakers.

So got home, plugged the TOS link in, hooked up the speakers, plugged it in and lights came on. Oooh!

Excited by this I put a blu ray in the PS4 and to my amazement had full surround sound.

Spent an hour getting the speakers into position and setting them up, but 50p surround sound.

OK so not 6.1or 9.1, but for the money, not bad at all. (That imperial ship at the beginning is Star Wars Episode 4 makes a nice rumble)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts