Theoretically - LCD/Plasma For Basic SD Watching

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Yes, i fear i may soon give in to "progress" and get a new telly (currently have an ex rental CRT). i had a Panasonic 32"" LCD very briefly this year, but financial realities got the better of me. Next time round i want to do it in a far more organised way. As my title implies, i want to watch...wait for it....just telly (i have Sky+)! I have no intention of going HD under current circumstances, and am not sold on the idea of Blu Ray or HD DVD, as the vast majority of my viewing is just standard def TV, and i dont play games either. These new fangled tellys offer rear connectivity for my PC tho, which may be an issue in future as i may want to use the TV screen to set up music via my telly. Anyway, my real question is this - I live in rented accommodation and will for the foreseeable, so messing about with the aerial or anything like that is out of the question. With this in mind, what can i do (if anything) to get the best SD pic on a 32inch plasma or lcd? I need to know this before i have an idea of budget really. Purely out of laziness, id probably go wth Panasonic again, as i know they are easy to get hold of locally. Ideas on TVs are welcome, but really im looking for tips on what to do to get the best out of it for my very basic needs. I can always go HD with the same TV later if the mood takes. Thanks in advance, and heres to hoping a merry xmas was had by all! PS if i can clarify any further, just ask.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, ok, i didnt put the question very well did i? I want a 32", Pana or Sony, must be good with standard definition TV. Would like to stay around th £1000.00 mark, including stand and leads. Any advice, on leads especially, would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts