the ultimate isolation feet ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 188516
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188516

I can't face another hifi video - how do they work?

(Still can't imagine there's anything more 'ultimate' than floating on a magnetic cushion!)

go on force yourself to watch it !
(floating kit on magnets seems the ultimate idea to me as well incidentally).

Reactions: 12th Monkey
Why would that be? Is a deck's needs different? Not having one, I have no idea.
A strong magnet can play havoc with the cartridge particularly moving coils and could effect tracking force although I would imagine that the magnetic field from these devices might be weak, I don't know.
That would be the case unless you are rather affluent and can afford one of the newish optical cartridges from DS Audio..... :)

I'm going to do what I vowed I'd never and post a link to a hifi video! He's using (IIRC) 3 feet, each capable of supporting 15kgs, so the magnets are from the top end of the range in terms of power. The video shows them being used with a hard drive, and it's unaffected. My understanding is that the field doesn't stray too far because the magnets are small and powerful (neodymium). Video is about 3/4 of the way down, and is mercifully brief!

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 188516

I'm going to do what I vowed I'd never and post a link to a hifi video! He's using (IIRC) 3 feet, each capable of supporting 15kgs, so the magnets are from the top end of the range in terms of power. The video shows them being used with a hard drive, and it's unaffected. My understanding is that the field doesn't stray too far because the magnets are small and powerful (neodymium). Video is about 3/4 of the way down, and is mercifully brief!

i thought the magnets were shielded to prevent any interference with the kit they are supporting ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts