The TV Series Soundtrack thread

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Hello What Hi-Fi,

Thought I'd kick this off with TV series that have incredible music. I think movie soundtracks get a lot of the glory but there are some brilliant TV scores and soundtracks (Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Salem) which are just brilliant.

I've got to say my favourite one of recent times is Abel Korzeniowski's triumph of a score from Penny Dreadful. Not only did I love the Gothic story-line of the show itself, but the soundtrack is superb, hopeful, dark, passionate and has a dark beauty to it that I find unrivalled, and it's making my month of Halloween perfect!

Have a listen!

Now over to you, any really good TV Soundracks worth a listen?

Stevie

Reactions: inias

Barrovian

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I've just purchased Silva Screen's release of Barry Gray's soundtrack to "UFO." One of my favorite tv shows and I've waited years for an official release and it's not disappointed me. I ended up buying it both on CD and limited edition vinyl. Brings back lots of childhood memories.

scene

I've just purchased Silva Screen's release of Barry Gray's soundtrack to "UFO." One of my favorite tv shows and I've waited years for an official release and it's not disappointed me. I ended up buying it both on CD and limited edition vinyl. Brings back lots of childhood memories.
They've released that! I may have to get a copy, I loved UFO and the music...
I wish they'd re-show it on Sci Fi, or UK Gold...

Reactions: sward

Gray

Barry Gray is responsible for some great music (which I have on CD and vinyl)
I'm probably biased but I won't be alone in putting Thunderbirds as the best ever TV programme, helped in no small part by Barry's music.
And how 'bout Stingray's opener for creating some excitement? Great stuff.
P.S. Don't tell me you didn't fancy Marina, Aqua Marina, a male fantasy.......an attractive woman........ that don't talk. :love:
(I realise any women reading this will be hoping I end up with a plastic woman)

Last edited:
Reactions: Barrovian
D

Deleted member 108165

Two TV series scores which I think are excellent: Game Of Thrones and WestWorld, instantly recognisable. Same composer, Ramin Djawadi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts