the Temple Audio Bantam Gold class T amp british made , anyone know this amplifier

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
hi everybody i like to get some feel back regarding this temple audio bantam gold amplifier , i m think to get one .please can you share your experience and if you recommende some good speakers for it. thank you

Stereo 25 Watts Per channel RMS.
0.005% Total Harmonic Distortion90% Power Efficiency

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
can't vouch for this one in particular, but I've actually not heard heard a bad t-amp, even the super duper cheapies.

However, they do usually require speakers with around 90db sensitivity to get the best out of them.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I used an original Bantam T-Amp for quite a while in my nearfield system (I listened mainly when at the computer).

That was less powerful at only 15 wpc, but as long as I didn't expect super high SPLs then the quality was more than excellent.

At the time I used MS902 Signature speakers with them which if I remember rightly are 89 dB. They worked perfectly and sounded great (within the limits of what was then a £200 speaker).

I think it will run any speaker you wish as long as you stick to reasonably easy to drive models.

My only issue with the amp was that heavy cables tip it up! :) (I ended up with big wads of blutak on the bottom).

*edit.

I also did some testing against another amp I owned, a Lyngdorf SDAI 2175 (around £1400 at the time, 200 WPC class D). The difference at modest volumes was very very small. The Bantam was a very clean sounding amp. I imagine the Gold must be better.

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
thank you frog for you feel back , it s seem that amp must be a very good amp if you did compare with 1400 pound amp, witch area did you find the bantam amp where lacking compare to Lyngdorf SDAI 2175 ?

I M THINKING TO GET SOME SPEAKERS LIKE : QUAD 11L2 - DYNAUDIO 2/6 - acoustic energy 301 - TANNOY DC6 SE

WHAT DO YOU THINK ? ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH OR SHOULD I GET SOME MORE EXPENSIVES SPEAKERS, ANY RECOMMENDATION?

- I LISTEN SOME FUNK , DISCO , JAZZ , CLASSIC , HIP HOP AND ROCK , I LIKE DEEP AND FAST PUNCHY BASS, NICE TREEBLE , I LIKE TO HEAR THE DRUM AND BASS ETC... AND REALLY CLEAR MIDRANGE.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
anis93 said:
thank you frog for you feel back , it s seem that amp must be a very good amp if you did compare with 1400 pound amp, witch area did you find the bantam amp where lacking compare to Lyngdorf SDAI 2175 ?

I M THINKING TO GET SOME SPEAKERS LIKE : QUAD 11L2 - DYNAUDIO 2/6 - acoustic energy 301 - TANNOY DC6 SE

WHAT DO YOU THINK ? ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH OR SHOULD I GET SOME MORE EXPENSIVES SPEAKERS, ANY RECOMMENDATION?

- I LISTEN SOME FUNK , DISCO , JAZZ , CLASSIC , HIP HOP AND ROCK , I LIKE DEEP AND FAST PUNCHY BASS, NICE TREEBLE , I LIKE TO HEAR THE DRUM AND BASS ETC... AND REALLY CLEAR MIDRANGE.

The main difference was ability to play loud. 25WPC vs 200WPC is no contest :)

The amps had a very similar sound though. At low volumes they were almost indistinguishable (don't forget though, this was through budget speakers that were pretty sensitive and easy to drive)

I can't really recommend speakers these days as I have gone the active route. I have Avi ADM9RS + sub, but for a lot less money you can get a fantastic system. eg Yamaha HS8 / Genelec M040 / 8030 / Adam A5X/A7X

If you do decide this is the path for you though, just make sure you go for fairly sensitive speakers (89 or more dB/w/m)

TRENDING THREADS