The story behind Helix, the most accurate audio playback device today?

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I'm sure this is a superb piece of engineering. To call it the 'most accurate audio playback device today' however is surely a step too far.
I'm sure you are now expecting me to wade into the ongoing debate regarding the virtues of
hi-res digital music versus vinyl. I could extol the virtues of both vinyl and digital but why stoke the fires of a discussion that's already well ablaze.
My issue with this turntable's accuracy is the use of a fixed pivot tonearm. Record masters are made using a cutter which travels a tangential path across the disc. If you don't adopt the same methodology when reading a disc for sound reproduction then you will inevitably encounter errors.
I bet the Helix sounds incredible but to label it 'most accurate' I believe is inaccurate and just hype.

Audiohead

Mar 2, 2023
Visit site
I'm sure this is a superb piece of engineering. To call it the 'most accurate audio playback device today' however is surely a step too far.
I'm sure you are now expecting me to wade into the ongoing debate regarding the virtues of
hi-res digital music versus vinyl. I could extol the virtues of both vinyl and digital but why stoke the fires of a discussion that's already well ablaze.
My issue with this turntable's accuracy is the use of a fixed pivot tonearm. Record masters are made using a cutter which travels a tangential path across the disc. If you don't adopt the same methodology when reading a disc for sound reproduction then you will inevitably encounter errors.
I bet the Helix sounds incredible but to label it 'most accurate' I believe is inaccurate and just hype.
If you look a little closer, you'd see both of the turntables pictured have tangential tracking tonearms fitted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts