• We’re excited to be up and running and seeing visitors old and new! For those returning, reset your password and you’re good to go! For new members, introduce yourself here. You can also be in with a chance to win a set of Fyne Audio Speakers and try to become a part of our Ultimate Audiophile Playlist here!

Question The recent Netflix price hike

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
What did you do when it went up? I downgraded from 4K to HD as a protest and don't really miss it. I only have one 4K TV anyway and the picture looks just as good as before on it.

Reactions: eoc69 and gel

davidf

I’m pretty close to dropping it. My watch list is much bigger on Prime, and more films I want to see seem to be added to Prime rather than Netflix. The main reason I’ve not ditched it yet is I need to see the three series of Stranger Things and the second series of Mindhunter.

Too many monthly things I’m subscribed to - I’m really not sure how more video streaming channels are appearing when there’s only so much money people are going to put into it. With paying about £25-27 for Prime, Shudder, and Netflix, I’m quite tempted to drop it all and just buy what I want to see. Might subscribe to Cinema Paradiso..

Reactions: eoc69

davidf

Their 4K and 1080 streaming options are generally a little soft looking. Think of it this way - they’re compressed versions of those available on Bluray and UHD, so the compression has to show itself somewhere, and it’s more easily noticeable on darker films. It’s almost like people listening to MP3 music during the 90s while others listen to CDs - these softer looking streaming services will make these compressed versions of the 1080 and 4K become the standard in people’s homes. Of course, most people think that because it’s digital, it looks the same as Bluray and UHD, just in the same way that people thought streaming their music sounded the same as CD. Another aspect of everyday quality going down the drain (until this country is able to stream at Bluray and UHD quality).

Reactions: eoc69

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts