The listening position

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I was wondering how long it would be until you stopped signing yourself off in every post as the cablemadman. 52 posts.

Well at least you know who I am lol. I signed up in 2010 and Glacialpath is my music project. Since then I set up my Cable Madman page but can't change my Screen name. So I put both.

:rockout:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
BenLaw said:
I was wondering how long it would be until you stopped signing yourself off in every post as the cablemadman. 52 posts.

Well at least you know who I am lol. I signed up in 2010 and Glacialpath is my music project. Since then I set up my Cable Madman page but can't change my Screen name. So I put both.

If you think it's important you could always add it to your sig. Alternatively if you email John Duncan he would be able to change your user name if what you want is available. Is your music project metal?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Glacialpath said:
BenLaw said:

If you think it's important you could always add it to your sig.

And correct that spelling mistake while you're at it.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
If you think it's important you could always add it to your sig. Alternatively if you email John Duncan he would be able to change your user name if what you want is available. Is your music project metal?

Hey Ben yes my music project is metal. If you are interested check out my soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/glacialpath/sets

Thanks for telling me I can email Duncan.

Let me know what you think of my tunes if youo have a listen. It would be nice o have some comments on the tracks on soundcloud if you have an account.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
BenLaw said:

Hey Ben yes my music project is metal. If you are interested check out my soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/glacialpath/sets

Thanks for telling me I can email Duncan.

Let me know what you think of my tunes if youo have a listen. It would be nice o have some comments on the tracks on soundcloud if you have an account.

Unfortunately, despite some recent efforts metal isn't really my thing, so I may not be the best person to comment! There are plenty of metal fans on here so hopefully someone will be able to give you some useful feedback.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Unfortunately, despite some recent efforts metal isn't really my thing, so I may not be the best person to comment! There are plenty of metal fans on here so hopefully someone will be able to give you some useful feedback.

No worries mate.

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
I find the best place to sit is on the floor making an equilateral triangle with my floorstanders, surrounded by sofas and soft chairs. I think this reduces reflections from the sides, back and the ceiling.

On a high backed sofa I need to sit with my head forward from the back, otherwise the sound is dulled. I guess the back absorbs too much of the high frequencies close to it.

Andrew

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
It would, bay windows will allow bass to out but an empty room will have flutter echo in bucket loads. When treating there is loads of different configuaratios and aspects and sometimes what is already there can actually help

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Late to this thread , been away on Holiday .

For speaker postioning , I bought many years ago 2 off 32x450x450mm slabs , on carpeted floors over concrete or floorboards , you can just level / stableize the speakers one time on the slabs then move or twist the slabs about to fine tune with out having to reset the spikes everytime .

James

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
well heres my listening position now its completed :)

sit roughly a third of the way back into the room (so with 2/3 behind me) and the speakers against one wall. pretty much an equilateral triangle distance wise between me and the speakers.

soft furnishings (the swivel chair mainly) provide an ideal amount of deadening i find. sounds utterly spellbinding with pretty much anything, especially if playing CD's. some lossless files via the unitilite over upnp sound fantastic too but nothing quite gets the goosebumps like a good CD.

14271477423_ca4de169d3_b.jpg

14064719077_16439836db_b.jpg

14228147346_1f5d03456b_b.jpg