The hotter the better

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I have always noticed my system sounds far better in summer. Did mention it once or twice, but was told I had too many beers. *nea* A friend of mine at work also mention it just last week. Cn't be a coincidence.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The performance of electronic components does change with temperature, however, what you describe smacks of poor design. Stabilising amplifier circuits with regard to temperature variation is really old-hat technology and I would be very surprised if they had failed to do it.

Isn't it really much more likely that it is your perception that is changing with time. Things like fatigue and mood are well known to change perception.

Chris

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer how my set sounds in winter. (I don't listen to music as much in the summer months.)

When the room is heated and there is less light.

I also prefer the sound from the amp when the unit is cool - it's for that reason I no longer leave it on or in stand by.

I certainly think that quite a lot of pickup cartridges sound better at, say, 23C or more. Had always presumed that was because their compliance was a shade higher when warmer.

As well as warm electronics, maybe the AC power is cleaner - though of course it makes no difference! - in summer in the UK, because there is less demand. The reverse might be true in parts of the US where more power is used by Aircon than heating.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I always think my system sounds better at night. Most prob due to less noise and more relaxed but so sweet at night.

When i first got the amp it took a few songs to come alive but now im not really seeing a big difference

iceman16

I dont care much about specs. but system synergy and sound quality. IME that's matter most and I really enjoy listening to music. Can fry an egg? yup but I don't use oil though cause the AMS I think has a non stick top plate
tounge_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts