the greatest use of student loan ever

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
after three years of student loan and giveing up beer money and wearing cloths that a tramp wouldnt be caught homeless in, this is my setup.

Monitor audio gs10 standmounts (£800)

partington super dreadnought stands (£150)

5m qed genisis silver spiral biwire speaker cable (£300)

Musical fidelity x-150 amp (£800)

sony bravia 32s2030 (£800)

the greatest media pc ever (£2000)

hfx classic fanless silent media pc with balanced xlr anolgue and digital ouputs, hdmi video output with hdcp, core 2 duo processor ( handles hd content with ease) and 650gb hardrive in silent enclouser, and a 7 inch lcd touchscreen. built by me (saved a huge amount of cash doing it myself).

ryan

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Nice set-up, Ryan.

I too scrimped at a student to feed my hi-fi habit. Still remember spending the money i'd saved for a bike on my first CD player....

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Have to agree with Clare - nice system you've got.

After doing Christmasses on the post and summers shelving books in public libraries, I managed in my final year to get together a Sansui SR-222 turntable, one of the original NAD3020 amps - which were new then! - and a pair of Mordaunt-Short Pageant speakers.

And I remained very jealous of a fellow student who had a full-whack Linn system with an LP12 and Isobariks, plus a Sony Trinitron colour portable TV.

SAPCOR1

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
My first system was a JVC LA-55 quartz drive turntable with Shure VMS 15 cartridge and a Akai Receiver which I got from Lasky's. I added a pair of £25 Solavox 'speakers from Comet hooked up with QED 79 strand, that was in the late '70's.

This wasn't funded by a student grant but the earnings from my paper round and Christmas money!

Nearly 30 years later the Akai is still going strong in a friends' garage

A

Anonymous

Appropriate use indeed. My student loans and Territorial Army annual bounties' (over 12 years ago) bought me a Denon AVC3020, Kenwood CD player, Mission 780's, Canon (yes Canon) rear channel speakers, Atacama SE24 stands, Apollo rack, JVC Nicam tv and an Akai VCR - all top of the line at the time!

A

Anonymous

Yeah - I did an identical thing last year! I rinsed my entire student loan on a Roksan Caspian CD / Kandy amp. and Monitor Audio setup. A year down the line, no degree to speak of (pah!) but im still loving the stereo! Nifty...

A

Anonymous

no student loan for me gust serious amounts of work in the kitchen at work(im a chef) .that got me ( 3 years a go)a kenwood ka2030 amp a techniks cd plaier and a bose acustimas 5 series 3 with cambridge audio atlantic interconects

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts