The future, in the past.

I bought myself a full set of Insight magazines from 1980 - anyone else remember this? I ask as there is an article on hifi that might give a warm glow of nostalgia to those of us of (or beyond) a certain age - does anyone know how long copyright would last on such a thing?

EDIT - looks like it's 70 years, so I won't be sharing - apologies.

lee711

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
Yes i remember these magazines, ( i had a subscription with the local newsagents ) really loved them, if i'm not mistaken the first edition had articles on how the space shuttle was going to be launched, endoscope's and their future in medicine and strangely an article about breast implants. I recall I had a lot of editions possibly 4 or more binders which had to be ordered separately.. wow blast from the past. 😊👍

Reactions: 12th Monkey

lee711

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
Was the house item relating to them being under ground or something on those lines or am I getting confused with my love of The Hobbit and LOTR from that era in my life.

lee711

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
Yes, It always makes me smile when we look back on future forecasts from days gone by, Tomorrows World always comes to mind with their predictions on robots in the home, so way off the mark. But I still found those magazines enthralling and exciting as a child, filling my curious mind with wonder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts