The fun of improvisation with 'string and rope' solutions in small rooms.

AJM1981

I own two decent sets of hifi stereo gear; one for the living and one for our master bedroom.

One smaller guestroom had no real purpose besides being a guestroom, though since there was a couch (that can turn into a bed) we decided to hang a small tv there connected to a chromecast tv. The TV itself has a terrible audio quality so I could give my B&W T7 bluetooth speaker a bit more of a permanent place in there, "positioned as a soundbar" underneath. Finishing it off with a Polk subwoofer almost blending in with a standing cupboard, connected to a splitting cable. The simplest of simplest.

It would go too far to say that this is "great audio", but it is enjoyable for what it is. Topping it off with the setttings on the TV with a function I would normally never use (trusurround) I was surprised about the illusion of a bit more spatious sound. The B&W normally kind of performs slightly better a bit more away from the dry wall and in a well treated room. But here the function follows the form, and that is ok.

Anyone with similar "setups" :)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS