The Eagle will land tomorrow!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My very lovely pair of ATC SCM40's will be with me tomorrow!

Having really really enjoyed the 19's I am positively salivating over the prospect of the Bryston driving those lovely floorstanders
emotion-4.gif

Thanks to a certain dedicated and hard-working chap for getting them so quickly (cheers Rick!)

crimsondonkey:

My very lovely pair of ATC SCM40's will be with me tomorrow!

Having really really enjoyed the 19's I am positively salivating over the prospect of the Bryston driving those lovely floorstanders
emotion-4.gif

Thanks to a certain dedicated and hard-working chap for getting them so quickly (cheers Rick!)

Hi crimsondonkey

Thanks for your kind words and support.

Btw, which airport is the Eagle landing at?
emotion-1.gif
emotion-4.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Remember to listen to 'COCOTEE'- Informer( reggae tunes) on those SCM40 and you gonna be blown away with the detail it exhibits.

Studio Control Monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Mine landed today - many thanks to Rick as well!!!

I'm working out all the new music I can now buy to listen on them.

crimsondonkey:Erm, East Midlands?!

Hi crimsondonkey

I think that's the wrong airport!
emotion-1.gif

Too many landings at the moment. It needs some coordination. Looks like I have something else to add to my job description!
emotion-2.gif

Btw, i hear that life begins at 40!
emotion-1.gif
I still have 21 years to go before i find out for myself!
emotion-3.gif
emotion-5.gif

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft ATC AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL TOWER
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

ATC SCM40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! life truly begins at 40

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
benharlley: Remember to listen to 'COCOTEE'- Informer( reggae tunes) on those SCM40 and you gonna be blown away with the detail it exhibits.Try 'SNOW' - Informer as well, that'll sound awesome. Licky bum bum!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry to barge in but I couldn`t resist after reading the title of this thread. I`m logged in to a free internet service at Changi Airport, Singapore where I`m stuck at for five hours waiting for my flight back to Heathrow! Well, at least I hope it will only be five hours as the delay keeps getting longer and longer. Still, don`t feel too sorry for me as I`m on my way back after a three week holiday in Australia which was great. So anyway, hopefully the survivor will be landing sometime tomorrow. Can`t wait to get back on my hi-fi as my mp3 player gave out on me two days into the three weeks. Hope your speakers are sounding good. All the best.

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hey Survivor

Yeah you'll get little sympathy here after a holiday like that lol. Hope you had a good time - its been completely glorious here for three weeks but the forecast is now rain.

For twelve weeks. Solid.

A

Anonymous

lordmortlock:

its been completely glorious here for three weeks but the forecast is now rain. For twelve weeks. Solid.

I hope so - I'm off to Greece for two weeks next weekend!

Might take a portable CD player to give all the iphone users a good laugh.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Take solace in the fact that what you're listening to is direct from the difital source - there's is transferred, compressed, possibly changed to different format, then transferred again :)

Better still.......

A

Anonymous

Riiiggght!

Anyway,

back to the knitting!

I've had my Trojan Dub boxset on loop for the past 6 hrs - well the sun is shining and I reckon a bit of King Tubby will speed the loosening up of the bigger drivers!

I've got the 40's sat straight onto 20mm thick granite plinths. I've also been playing about with the different speaker cables I've got, and at present I've got all three sets plugged in for fun - Isolda on LF, Heimdall on MF and 4TC on HF with the overall effect that theres's a lot more separation and bounce to music than just the Heimdall on its own with the brass links in place. I'll wait for the speakers to settle down a bit and then try the Heimdall with some jumpers instead.

Things certainly sound bigger with what appears to be a deeper soundstage. Individual instruments have a lot more punch to them and sound even more believable.

Give it another couple of hundred hours..

A

Anonymous

The Bryston has a very nice 2 way connector post, so the Isolda & 4TC which are stripped with soldered tips fit vertically and are then hand tightened into place. The Heimdall has Nordost Z plug bananas which fit snugly into horizontal female. Very neat solution (to a problem that doesn't exist all that often!)

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I see. Perhaps you're onto something here - cable cross breeding! The start of a whole new chapter in cable wars... "The bass extension through my Nordost blue heaven cable has just been elevated to a different level by the inclusion of some gutwires to the HF etc..."

A

Anonymous

He he! - nah I think its just a throw back to when I had the 19's and I definitely thought they were better biwired and used Heimdall LF and Isolda HF.

Once I've snagged some decent jumpers it will be purely Heimdall and the others will end up being sold on..

A

Anonymous

When I talked to Bob at the ATC factory about bi/tri-wiring, he said 'don't bother - we only put it there for the Asian market'.

A

Anonymous

No worries - it was good doing business with you.

The 40's continue to amaze with their detail and 3 dimensionality.(despite not being run in).

I've fiddled with the order of my stack and heard further improvements in clarity and space and have just ordered a Tacima mains conditioner (the cheap one!) to hopefully cut out the mains hum that's being picked up by the Naim speaker cable.

All in it's providing me with a lot of pleasure.

Robert

A

Anonymous

crimsondonkey:

He he! - nah I think its just a throw back to when I had the 19's and I definitely thought they were better biwired and used Heimdall LF and Isolda HF.

Once I've snagged some decent jumpers it will be purely Heimdall and the others will end up being sold on..

Nice reading that the Eagle's are performing as they should......
emotion-1.gif

I tried a similar experiment with 8TC on the bass, another 8TC pair on the mid and Oddy 4 on the treble. Found it difficult to hear a substantial difference, other than that it became a whole lot of cabling, so went back to single wire with 8TC. However, at that time, I was still using the Cyrus Pre X, which, as I discovered later, did not do the speakers right. Might try some bi-wiring with the 8TCs at some point though.

honeyquince:

No worries - it was good doing business with you.

The 40's continue to amaze with their detail and 3 dimensionality.(despite not being run in).

I've fiddled with the order of my stack and heard further improvements in clarity and space and have just ordered a Tacima mains conditioner (the cheap one!) to hopefully cut out the mains hum that's being picked up by the Naim speaker cable.

All in it's providing me with a lot of pleasure.

Robert

Hi Robert

Thanks again for your post, for your kind words and for your support.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts