The Denon Home Amp is a cheaper take on its cousin, the Marantz M1

podknocker

The Class D streaming amp sector is growing quickly and has real momentum now. From WiiM amps all the way up to the NAD Masters models, it's all sounding good and I think there's something for everyone and every budget.

Last edited:

mad823

Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
The Class D streaming amp sector is growing quickly and has real momentum now. From WiiM amps all the way up to the NAD Masters models, it's all sounding good and I think there's something for everyone and every budget.
True, however none of them had Dolby decoding before. For many of us, it's a great feature.

EbanksMS

Jul 20, 2024
Visit site
Find it hard to believe it's the size of an Apple TV 4K! More like a fat Mac Mini. I forget the specific Apple-babble. Studio maybe? With the Marantz/Denon streaming limitations, the Wiim Amp Pro will have them both for lunch.

manicm

Find it hard to believe it's the size of an Apple TV 4K! More like a fat Mac Mini. I forget the specific Apple-babble. Studio maybe? With the Marantz/Denon streaming limitations, the Wiim Amp Pro will have them both for lunch.

Um no, the WiiM Amp or Pro will simply be out of the M1's league from a sound quality and power point of view. The reviews on YouTube are out - reputable ones like Darko, Robinson etc.

The WiiM Amp's amp is actually mediocre, hence the low price.

EbanksMS

Jul 20, 2024
Visit site
Hmmm.... An "audiophiles" perspective but I seriously doubt that either Linkplay or DEI are targeting that niche market with these offerings. Sometimes doing everything good enough, IS enough.

manicm

Hmmm.... An "audiophiles" perspective but I seriously doubt that either Linkplay or DEI are targeting that niche market with these offerings. Sometimes doing everything good enough, IS enough.

Yes, but let's not pretend it's as good as the M1, which is what you suggested. Regardless off room correction software included or not, which by the way is rudimentary in the WiiM's case.

The M1 is at another level, as it should be at the price.

EbanksMS

Jul 20, 2024
Visit site
I suggested nothing of the sort. (Personal comment dleeted by moderation.). I am and have always been, speaking to the product's success. This has nothing to do with specifications. If you can't appreciate that the Wiim brand is exploding while Marantz/Denon are pursuing their former glory then I'll just wave the old white flag.

Last edited by a moderator:

manicm

I suggested nothing of the sort. Don't annoy Mr Strawman. I am and have always been, speaking to the product's success. This has nothing to do with specifications. If you can't appreciate that the Wiim brand is exploding while Marantz/Denon are pursuing their former glory then I'll just wave the old white flag.

To quote you 'the Wiim Amp Pro will have them both for lunch'.

The forthcoming WiiM Amp Pro may contain a better DAC chip - which will be the same as the WiiM Ultra - but initial reviews seem to suggest the Ultra is not a big step over the Pro.

I will still give the new Amp Pro a fair crack though, regardless of price.

I suggested nothing of the sort. (Personal comment dleeted by moderation.). I am and have always been, speaking to the product's success. This has nothing to do with specifications. If you can't appreciate that the Wiim brand is exploding while Marantz/Denon are pursuing their former glory then I'll just wave the old white flag.
No personal comments please - forum rules are in a sticky in each subforum.

TRENDING THREADS