The cheapest upgrade ever?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Definitely a contender for the 'most engimatic post' title.

And this for the most enigmatic reply!ÿ

Sorry for keeping you dangling - trying to keep things interesting.

Found the ON/OFF switch. . . .sorry. Whilst fumbling around with my DVD player last night, trying get the thing to play through the amp (it's a pain) I decided to see whether there was a problem with the amp. So I rigged up my Alpha 7 with no improvement. In the box was a mains lead [kettle type], and as it's unused and dust free, rigged it up and. . .Wow! a definite improvement.

Always been such an open sceptic on dedicated power cables, but after hearing such an improvement from a kettle lead, there could be something to this lead lark.

Yes, I'm going to have a large dose of 'humble pie'.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1:I've tried squeezing my hi-fi once...it hurt!

So your hifi feels pain eh
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:And this for the most enigmatic reply!

Hardly - it was very direct comment. I can be a lot more enigmatic than that - ask Budgiethehelicopteradvice...

Andrew Everard:

Tarquinh:And this for the most enigmatic reply!

Hardly - it was very direct comment. I can be a lot more enigmatic than that - ask Budgiethehelicopteradvice...

When i first saw that I thought said Budgie Helicopter advice - had visions of special service to shuttle little birdies around.

I am a total enigma, even to myself.

idc

If you buy, or in your case PP find a new cable, you are likely to get an improvement in sound, due to the clean contacts. IMHO, the cheapest hifi upgrade ever is to keep those contacts clean.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
idc:If you buy, or in your case PP find a new cable, you are likely to get an improvement in sound, due to the clean contacts. IMHO, the cheapest hifi upgrade ever is to keep those contacts clean.

We're talking micro changes. But I like it. It's what it's all about.

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Cheapest upgrade:

Moving the sofa 50cm forward. very big improvement.

jules.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:

After my discovery the other day, I'm now looking at replacing the mains lead of my 30 year old Marantz tuner. Trouble is it's a strange 2-core lead, almost like a shaving cord with a normal plug on one end.

Suggestions welcome

leadl.jpg

I'm guessing a figure 8 plug since no pic, RA and a few others make leads to fit or you could buy a Fig 8 to IEC adaptor (RA £6.50) and use any lead you want

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts