The big question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
My new rack.

the-rack.jpg

Just thought i would lighten this thread up a tad.

A

Anonymous

A wee point.

To those who say this test conclusively proves the benefits of spending lots of cash on racks, it shows that £660.00 is at least as effective, if not better, than £2000.00.

To those who suggest that the team at WHF are conning themselves and others, and don't present results that contradict their premise, it shows that £660.00 is at least as effective, if not better, than £2000.00.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
floyd droid:
My new rack.

Not sure it would work very well as isolation could be a problem. You'd also need quite a lot of BluTak.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Yes, it was a blind test, but no-one was actually blinded

Thanks for the clarification. Any thoughts on randomising the order, and including details of the randomisation and blinding process in future features?

Cheers,

Shuggie

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Ooo, I like this game:

Blind test that supports your beliefs = there, told you so.

Blind test that challenges your beliefs = we can't trust our ears.

Nice one, jaxwired!

Still on playground duty then?
emotion-1.gif

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:floyd droid:My new rack.

Careful - you could have someone's eye out with that...

Sublime andrew
emotion-21.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Early on in the test, one participant at least was able to say that the speaker stands had been chnged. So were the listeners informed of the nature of the changes after each one?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It would have made the copy impenetrable had we quoted him as saying 'whatever you just did it was like the muddy waters had cleared' and then only revealed at the end of the two pages what the changes were. It could have got footnote-tastic.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I see your point, i think, but thats what seems to have happened in the cable test - listeners were just refering to system one, two...

So is it just the way it was written, or were hey actually told about the changes after each change?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts