The Best TV For £999!

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
BB, in my opinion, unless your Kuro is out of warranty, or has an issue, I would keep it.

My admittedly early impressions of the GT are that it's obviously a great tv, but, there are a couple of niggles I have with it.

Main one. is a motion thing, when a camera moves really quickly from one person to another. I'm sure this can be corrected when I find the best settings, but it's something the Kuro didn't do. Second niggle is very minor, the hdmi lead sticks out the side of the tv, so I need to change it for a right angled one.

No other problems so far, no buzzing that I have noticed, so that's one thing I don't need to worry about..

As your KRP was 2 generations after my LX, I'm sure your blacks will be well up with the GT too.

I am not having any issues with motion. Have you tried football yet?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

No, but I watched a little cricket, and that was fine. I noticed it on Buzzcocks last night, when there was really fast pans from one person to another, just kind of blurred for a split second. I'm sure I can over it in the settings somewhere, Intelligent Frame Creation maybe?

It's not awful, but mu Kuro never did it, and I loved my Kuro.
smile.png

D

Deleted member 2457

I wonder how Strapped is getting on? No word as yet.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I wonder how Strapped is getting on? No word as yet.

Wanted to post yesterday, but as noted elsewhere, my security software flagged up that it had protected me from malware each time I logged in. I thought it sensible to leave alone. Not sure why that was. Never happenned before and no problems today. :?

BBB, sorry to hear you've got a little DSE. I've got bordeline acceptable buzzing, but no obvious DSE to my eyes. That said, I haven't watched any sport yet. Is it me, or is finding a problem free set (within reason) near impossible these days? I should have bought your Kuro for £550... ;)

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I am not having any issues with motion. Have you tried football yet?

I can confirm that plenty of so-called teams in Scotland don't seem to have tried football yet either .......
smiley-smile.gif

I'm not claiming for a single moment that the black levels on this LG will be as good as those on the Panasonic 50GT50, but Currys are doing it for £999, and the extra size may be tempting .... http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-60pm680t-full-hd-60-plasma-3d-tv-12520778-pdt.html Plus if it's anything like my (older) LG60PZ950T in the kitchen, it should be pretty good at everything else.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

When the tv is fully run in, and I've either sorted the picture fro other peoples settings, or from a disc such as Spear & Munsil's, I'll let you know exactly what I think of the GT50.

It's already close to the Kuro, and I haven't even begun to mess with the picture. I've got it connected wirelessly to my router, easy process, and it's found all of my music etc on both of my external hard drives, and laptop. So the CDs can soon either be sold, or packed away. It connected quickly to You Tube, much quicker than my WDTVLive, so that's going as well.

It's a great tv, and after 2 months of running in, I hope it will become a fantastic tv.
cheers.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
When the tv is fully run in, and I've either sorted the picture fro other peoples settings, or from a disc such as Spear & Munsil's, I'll let you know exactly what I think of the GT50.

It's already close to the Kuro, and I haven't even begun to mess with the picture. I've got it connected wirelessly to my router, easy process, and it's found all of my music etc on both of my external hard drives, and laptop. So the CDs can soon either be sold, or packed away. It connected quickly to You Tube, much quicker than my WDTVLive, so that's going as well.

It's a great tv, and after 2 months of running in, I hope it will become a fantastic tv.
cheers.gif

That sounds positive BBB. Nice one.
smiley-smile.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jr1948 said:
Hi BBB

Did you ever get email comfirmation from Panasonic.I sent off on Friday,and still not had reply

No I haven't, I'm guessing they're very busy with the amount of tvs sold in the sales. I did email them just to ask if they had received my forms and informaion though, but no confirmation of that either.

Link is here http://promotions.panasonic.co.uk/customer-support/

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Just to clarify, I got email confirmations for each Panasonic promotional offer (3D glasses and Blu-rays). Strange that you didn't, as you can't complete the forms without entering your email address.

Did you get a reference number once you'd completed the online form?

Not sure how soon each will be delivered, though. According to Panasonic's website, it can take up to 40 days...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

There was a reference for each one, but I didn't make a note of it, as the same reference is always in the confirmation email, only I didn't get the email.
confused.gif

Be patient jr1948, I'm sure the email will come, but if not, there's always the phone route.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jr1948 said:
No reference no given, just thank you for your email.Do you think its worth trying again

I've received an email from Panasonic replying to my email enquiry. They say could take up to 45 days, but should be around 2 weeks.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The Blu Rays arrived today, just waiting for the glasses now.
smile.png

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
The Blu Rays arrived today, just waiting for the glasses now.
smile.png

And the glasses arrived this morning.
smile.png

Well done Panasonic.
clap.gif

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the Blu-rays and glasses. Now I'm a bit concerned...

By the way, I bought a pair of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Pair-3D3-A1112-Universal-3D-TV-Eyewear-Active-Shutter-RF-Glasses-/110951413734?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_3D_TV_Glasses_Accessories&hash=item19d53837e6

I read several reports and user reviews stating that they outperform Panasonic's current active glasses, so thought I'd give them a go.

I can't recommend the 3D3s highly enough. They're extremely comfortable to wear and do a fantastic job. Images remain bright with the glasses on, while crosstalk is essentially non existent. The 3D3s also proved in no way unpleasant to use. I didn't experience a hint of a headache or eye strain. When I tried Panasonic's glasses in John Lewis, I found them less comfortable and more fatiguing. That said, this was under bright shop lighting, which is bad news with active 3D glasses.

Nevertheless, anyone looking for third party 3D glasses should definitely consider the 3D3s (assuming they're compatible with your TV). It's a fantastic product -- fully rechargeable via USB, very solid build, great at blocking ambient light and sync instantly with your TV.

Once I get the Panasonic glasses I'll conduct a more thorough (and controlled) comparative test.

I wonder if WHF would consider reviewing these?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts