The Best TV For £999!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ianr23gp

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to you both.

As I missed out on the free blu-ray player from JL (by 1 day, v annoying), have been on the phone and just submitted by claim form, to hopefully get 20 GBP refunded. If successful, I'll put it towards the 220 :)

Either way, TV will be delivered next Wed so not long to wait... watching Gel's YouTube videos of the GT50 in the meantime, good work!!!

D

Deleted member 2457

ianr23gp said:
Thanks to you both.

As I missed out on the free blu-ray player from JL (by 1 day, v annoying), have been on the phone and just submitted by claim form, to hopefully get 20 GBP refunded. If successful, I'll put it towards the 220 :)

Either way, TV will be delivered next Wed so not long to wait... watching Gel's YouTube videos of the GT50 in the meantime, good work!!!

Just done two more!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUyh8cZLuE

Batman will be on later.
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Well, we have Dave HD, why not, gel HD?
smile.png

smiley-smile.gif

Batman now showing

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ixBYsrBqnnE

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
The Kuro has left me.
cry.gif

That was quick! Nice one. It was last Xmas eve mine went! Only got £500 for it too. But it did have some screen burn that you could see on and off.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I do feel like I could have got more for it, another 2 people were very interested, and another person has just listed that they wanted one.

The cash is in my hand though, and the buyer is a Kuro lover, so it's gone to a good home.

This 32" is taking some getting used to though.

Binoculars.png

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I do feel like I could have got more for it, another 2 people were very interested, and another person has just listed that they wanted one.

Now I feel guilty for suggesting you accept £500. :oops:

Note to self, don't stick your nose into other people's business transactions.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Don't worry Strapped, I got what I expected to get, £500 was always my aim.

It's just with the comments and enquiries on AVForums about my listing, it does seem that £500 is cheap for a 1080p Kuro on that site.

BUT, £500 is in my hand, and who knows how much longer the Kuro will last for, and as there is no warranty left, it could be a lot worse.

I am starting to worry about the GT with all the reports of buzzing though, so from a selfish point of view, I hope mine arrives buzz free.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, onwards and upwards, hopefully.

I have similar anxieties. I'll need to get the GT50 up, running, and comprehensively tested before I can relax. At least we bought from a reliable retailer that I'd expect to be sympathetic should we have problems.

I'm determined to think positive! Buying a TV shouldn't be this stressful.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

John Lewis are delivering my GT and BDP today, got the paperwork through the post yesterday.

I know it's the afternoon/ evening slot, and I remember it could be as late as 9pm, but I can't remember if it's from 1pm or 2pm.

Anyone know?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
John Lewis are delivering my GT and BDP today, got the paperwork through the post yesterday.

I know it's the afternoon/ evening slot, and I remember it could be as late as 9pm, but I can't remember if it's from 1pm or 2pm.

Anyone know?

I think it's 2 but might be wrong. In John Lewis today they had a 50VT50 markdown from £1800 to £1350. It didn't say it was used. Let us know how you get on when it's delivered.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Will do.

I saw a GT50 in JL yesterday, was a customer return or display model, but was only £740, and still no buyer.

The general public are obsessed with lcd/led.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Anyone know?

Afternoon delivery is after 2pm, but I guess this information is redundant now.

I'm also expecting my GT50 this afternoon. Just hoping everything's OK, with delivery and product...

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Anyone know?

Afternoon delivery is after 2pm, but I guess this information is redundant now.

I'm also expecting my GT50 this afternoon. Just hoping everything's OK, with delivery and product...

Let us know how you get on too.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Will do.

The delivery driver just called to say they'll be here in 30 mins. Unfortunately I'm on my own at the mo, and don't fancy dropping the TV while trying to set it up. All good things come to those who wait, hopefully...

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
Will do.

The delivery driver just called to say they'll be here in 30 mins. Unfortunately I'm on my own at the mo, and don't fancy dropping the TV while trying to set it up. All good things come to those who wait, hopefully...

What Blu-rays are you going to watch first?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Probably films with a 16:9 OAR (or thereabouts). Better to take it easy until the panel's had some time to bed in.

It's here, stand assembeled, TV still in box... I'm waiting for assistance lifting the TV onto the stand.

Please don't buzz loudly or have prominent DSE... Please don't buzz loudly or have prominent DSE... Please don't buzz loudly or have prominent DSE... :shifty:

D

Deleted member 2457

Total Digital doing the 50 GT50 for £913 again! That's some deal.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

strapped for cash said:
Probably films with a 16:9 OAR (or thereabouts). Better to take it easy until the panel's had some time to bed in.

It's here, stand assembeled, TV still in box... I'm waiting for assistance lifting the TV onto the stand.

Please don't buzz loudly or have prominent DSE... Please don't buzz loudly or have prominent DSE... Please don't buzz loudly or have prominent DSE... :shifty:

Mine has arrived too.

Have you noticed the easy unpacking instructions on top of the box, makes it much easier to do and assemble?

My wife keeps going on about how clever the Japanese people are.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel

I've already sorted the free glasses offer, but I can't find a link to get the free blu rays with the Blu Ray player. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel

I've already sorted the free glasses offer, but I can't find a link to get the free blu rays with the Blu Ray player. Any ideas?

Here it is

http://promotions.panasonic.co.uk/offer/avatar-and-titanic-blu-ray-movie-offer/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts