The Best TV For £999!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Just found a really good deal!
smiley-smile.gif
The 50gt50 plus blu ray player, plus glasses £999! How about that then?

https://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1400

Blu-ray player is The BT12 Panasonic!

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
smiley-smile.gif

And you get Titanic and Avatar with the Blu-ray player!

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
gel said:
smiley-smile.gif

And you get Titanic and Avatar with the Blu-ray player!

John Lewis will price match because it has a shop Instore.

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis have done it! Out of stock though. Get on the phone with Milton Keynes John Lewis for stock! John Lewis are now throwing in the Blu-ray player too. Won't let me link!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel, I'm off to JL now, but can you clarify?

Are JL price matching mrmdvd.com @ £999 and throwing in a free blu ray player in store?

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel, I'm off to JL now, but can you clarify?

Are JL price matching mrmdvd.com @ £999 and throwing in a free blu ray player in store?

Think so. They definitely are on John Lewis website, so yes. Let us know how you get on. Good luck should be able to do it. Might have to wait for the blu -ray player though. Hopefully they have stock! Just show them the deal on the computer Instore.

D

Deleted member 2457

You should have the TV reserved already because you have asked for the price match.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Rang JL MK, their system is struggling, so they can't take orders or arrange delivery now. They've given me a reference though, and someone will ring me this afternoon to arrange delivery and take the payment.

They've confirmed TX-P50GT50 + free blu ray player for £999.
grin.gif

Thanks gel.
clap.gif

Unfortunately, I've still got to take my wife shopping.
cry.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Rang JL MK, their system is struggling, so they can't take orders or arrange delivery now. They've given me a reference though, and someone will ring me this afternoon to arrange delivery and take the payment.

They've confirmed TX-P50GT50 + free blu ray player for £999.
grin.gif

Thanks gel.
clap.gif

Unfortunately, I've still got to take my wife shopping.
cry.gif

Yes!
smiley-smile.gif
Nice one. I went there this morning. Just seem to have a lot of used stuff on offer.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

JL are now saying that this offer is website only, and because it is listed as out of stock on the website, they can't place the order.

I'm quite disappointed with JL, as the guy I spoke to first said no problem. Then someone rang me later to take the order details, but I was in the middle of a shop, so didn't want to be blurting out my card number, so asked for someone to ring me this evening. They now say they can't do it.
angry.png

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
JL are now saying that this offer is website only, and because it is listed as out of stock on the website, they can't place the order.

I'm quite disappointed with JL, as the guy I spoke to first said no problem. Then someone rang me later to take the order details, but I was in the middle of a shop, so didn't want to be blurting out my card number, so asked for someone to ring me this evening. They now say they can't do it.
angry.png

That is not on! Strapped For Cash just got it done. If I was you I would go Instore tomorrow and explain what has happened and try again.

D

Deleted member 2457

Civilian got it with the Blu-ray player too. If I was you I would just try again with another person or go to the complaints department. Remember that other shop was throwing in the Blu-ray player too, so they should match it Instore.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

angry.png

I expected better of JL.

It was absolute mayhem in there today, but I'm so annoyed, I'll be back tomorrow to sort them out.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
angry.png

I expected better of JL.

It was absolute mayhem in there today, but I'm so annoyed, I'll be back tomorrow to sort them out.

I don't blame you for being annoyed. You're more than entitled to that Blu-ray player. Let us know how you get on.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231589799/Product.aspx

It says it runs until the 31st.

D

Deleted member 2457

It now says £989 for the lot! Might be able to get some money back too guys!

Check on the JL website won't let me link.

D

Deleted member 2457

John Lewis price match with these

http://www.johnlewis.com/Search/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=Panasonic+50gt50

http://www.powerdirect.co.uk/product/PANASONIC-50-3D-NeoPlasma-FreeviewHD-Freesat-SmartTV-2500Hz-THX-TXP50GT50B

£950! I would still go for the Blu-ray player deal, if you can't get that, get them to refund the £50!

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
angry.png

I expected better of JL.

I don't blame you for being annoyed. You're more than entitled to that Blu-ray player. Let us know how you get on.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231589799/Product.aspx

It says it runs until the 31st.

The Blu-ray player deal has disappeared! Hope BBB got there in time!
smiley-smile.gif
So much to lasting to the 31st!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BBB, if you're reading this, I managed to get the combo deal because my local branch had stock of the TV and BDP. JL's main website updated to show no stock just as I was trying to process payment.

I arranged the sale over the phone with my local JL, rather than JL's main customer service. You could try contacting your nearest branch. Quote the product code and ask that they do a stock check. Hope that's some help and good luck!

EDIT: apologies, looking at the link Gel provided, I realised the deal is no longer listed online. I still think it's worth a shot. You could speak to your local branch and explain your story from yesterday. If they've got stock of both, and they want the sale, you might still be in with a chance.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

dance.gif

Great news, I phoned the local branch, and after some gentle persuasion, they relented and gave me the deal. Being delivered on January 3rd.

Big thanks to gel and strapped for cash for their help and advice.
clap.gif

Now to find a buyer for the Kuro.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
dance.gif

Great news, I phoned the local branch, and after some gentle persuasion, they relented and gave me the deal. Being delivered on January 3rd.

clap.gif

Sounds like a result!

I'm taking delivery on the same day. Knowing my luck, the GT50 I get will buzz like crazy and have prominent vertical bands on the left and right of the screen.

With caution in mind, I'm hanging on to my 42V20 for a few weeks. Perhaps it would be practical not to list your Kuro for sale just yet...

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
dance.gif

clap.gif

:cheer: You guys will have to tell me what the 3D is like, I still have never seen it. :) I thought John Lewis should play ball because I have got them to do things like that in the past too.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
dance.gif

clap.gif

Sounds like a result!

I'm taking delivery on the same day. Knowing my luck, the GT50 I get will buzz like crazy and have prominent vertical bands on the left and right of the screen.

With caution in mind, I'm hanging on to my 42V20 for a few weeks. Perhaps it would be practical not to list your Kuro for sale just yet...

I have seen three and the quality control was really good, so if you do get a problem just get it replaced you are bound to get it right. Looking forward to your guys thoughts on it.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Thanks again both of you for your help, hopefully I won't have any problems with the GT50.

I think I'll be listing the Kuro very soon, either on Ebay or AVForums, I have another tv should the worst happen.

JL.com left it to the store managers discretion about the deal, and the girl who was dealing with me was very kind and helpful. I wouldn't have accepted no as an answer, but luckily it didn't get to that stage.

3D is not my priority, but will have a look when I get the free blu rays offer.

cheers.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Just doing another video of the GT50 but this time on my iPhone! I will upload it later, I think the quality is really good!
smiley-smile.gif
I am dying to see it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts