Thanks to WHF for advertising the free 90 day Amazon Music HD deal!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I am currently listening to it - pretty good, I still think Apple Music is the one to beat though and will be the one I stick to in the long run.

D

Deleted member 188533

I thought Amazon's 24/96 stuff sounded better than Tidal Master's in an A to B comparison but I really like the Tidal app better and I've got years of playlists at Tidal.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

Dom

I think I will stick with Qobuz, it offers a large amount of music genres and the sound quality is top notch. Which means dropping Amazon Music. I don't like it's main stream style and it's too quiet. That's the deal breaker. The price is better Amazon Music but hopefully Qobuz restructures it's cost soon to be competitive. I think they are way to expensive though if you compare them to Netflix. Why is music streaming a premium experience with premium cost?

D

Deleted member 2457

I think I will stick with Qobuz, it offers a large amount of music genres and the sound quality is top notch. Which means dropping Amazon Music. I don't like it's main stream style and it's too quiet. That's the deal breaker. The price is better Amazon Music but hopefully Qobuz restructures it's cost soon to be competitive. I think they are way to expensive though if you compare them to Netflix. Why is music streaming a premium experience with premium cost?
How would you describe the Qobuz sound compared to the others? It’s one I haven’t tried yet but I am making my way through them too. Cheers. Is it really £25 a month?

Dom

I like the sound a lot, it's evenly balanced through the range not favouring treble or bass. You will have to try it for yourself, but it's better than Amazon's sound.
I have the CD quality tier at £20 a month, so I can't tell you about the £25 tier. No music streaming service is worth £20 or £25 a month, but I want a streaming service that is worth paying for.
Cheers mate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

I like the sound a lot, it's evenly balanced through the range not favouring treble or bass. You will have to try it for yourself, but it's better than Amazon's sound.
I have the CD quality tier at £20 a month, so I can't tell you about the £25 tier. No music streaming service is worth £20 or £25 a month, but I want a streaming service that is worth paying for.
Cheers mate.
Thanks!

D

Deleted member 2457

Qobuz Hi Res is $15/m in the US ($12.50/m if you sign up for a year).
The same service in the UK is $33/m.
That's absolutely shocking
I might try it for free sometime but am not going to pay their prices. I am still a big fan of normal free Spotify I regularly just chill out to it and listen to it through my home cinema system - like I am doing right now. :)

Reactions: Niallivm

Niallivm

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
I might try it for free sometime but am not going to pay their prices. I am still a big fan of normal free Spotify I regularly just chill out to it and listen to it through my home cinema system - like I am doing right now. :)
And if that works for you, that's all that matters.
My family all use and love Apple Music, so the £15/m for six accounts is great value. It sounds great on the Sonos speakers around the house and on our phones and other devices (we're an Apple-centric family).
I can hear an improvement on sound quality with the high res services when using my B&W headphone and Meridian DAC, but that's only a few hours a week at most and doesn't justify the extra outlay. This winter I've had both Tidal and Amazon HD extended trials but neither has convinced me they're worth the extra money, especially as I still have all the music I love on CDs.

D

Deleted member 2457

And if that works for you, that's all that matters.
My family all use and love Apple Music, so the £15/m for six accounts is great value. It sounds great on the Sonos speakers around the house and on our phones and other devices (we're an Apple-centric family).
I can hear an improvement on sound quality with the high res services when using my B&W headphone and Meridian DAC, but that's only a few hours a week at most and doesn't justify the extra outlay. This winter I've had both Tidal and Amazon HD extended trials but neither has convinced me they're worth the extra money, especially as I still have all the music I love on CDs.
Yes, Apple Music is the only one I am currently paying for at £10 a month.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts