th 37 px60??????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently own the award winning panasonic th37-px60 which has been a great tv for me, the thing is i want to know how much better are the current crop of panasonic tvs compared to mine. I've read the reviews and i understand that they're cracking plasmas but i'd like to know what difference i'd see if i upgraded to say... the 42pz70 full hd set??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Each generation of flatscreens has taken a massive step forward in quality - not just simple tech-spec stuff like resolution, but the real things that make a difference to all your viewing: contrast ratio, colour reproduction, motion-handling etc.

The Full HD Pana would be better for all those things than your set, plus looking far more detailed with HD content.

However,in your case I wouldn't buy it.Why?

1) Because you have an excellent set you're enjoying

2) Even better flatscreens, at even-more competitive prices, are mere months away. They'll have better spec (including true 24fps support etc) and the best will have boosted performance compared to the 2007 crop.

And who knows who'll get it spot-on for spec/price/performance this year? We should start to see the first next-gen sets around March time, and will bring you all the updates on models and pricing as they happen, here in our TV news section.

A

Anonymous

Thankyou for your input on the subject and i understand what your saying, i probably will hang on and have a look at the next gen of plasmas but unfortuatly for price would be a big player for me and i wouldn't buy anything £1000 plus. Also are we expecting the next generation to have HDMI 1.3 onboard??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
All the big-name Full HD sets I saw previewed at CES promised HDMI 1.3a sockets (sometimes up to four of them!) as well as true 24fps support. And prices should be good - Samsung, for example, were talking about such sets only being £100 more than HD Ready versions....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts