Testing, testing... 1,2,3...

insider9

Discovered a new band that just so happens it is superb to test systems on :) It will definitely show up shortcomings of a system. I use test tracks regularly to test different DSP settings.

The band in question is Animals as Leaders. Seek them out if you dare.

Anyone's got any less known performers? Not the usual Dire Straits, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, etc.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
He is one for you be prepared to blow your speakers up ....Toccala and fugue in D miner Organ music needs to be played loud so you can listen to the low passages probably

so it should use some watts on the amplifier and give a test to the speakers of how low down the bass will go on your speakers be prepared to make the pictures on the wall to shake

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I never suggest the BWV 565 because I always get vampire jokes, but it is an incredible masterpiece for true virtuoso organ performers. Glad you mentioned it Black.
thumbs_up.png

insider9

Blacksabbath25 said:
He is one for you be prepared to blow your speakers up ....Toccala and fugue in D miner Organ music needs to be played loud so you can listen to the low passages probably 

so it should use some watts on the amplifier and give a test to the speakers of how low down the bass will go on your speakers be prepared to make the pictures on the wall to shake 
Nice, I'll try it tomorrow on Jamos. They do deeper

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I never suggest the BWV 565 because I always get vampire jokes, but it is an incredible masterpiece for true virtuoso organ performers. Glad you mentioned it Black.
it’s a good piece of music I used to listen to that when I was a gardener near king college Cambridge they used to play that on the organ

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
He is one for you be prepared to blow your speakers up ....Toccala and fugue in D miner Organ music needs to be played loud so you can listen to the low passages probably

Nice, I'll try it tomorrow on Jamos. They do deeper
your need it lol

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
Vladimir said:
Try Whiplash (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Caravan.
I sense sarcasm :) it's like my suggestion wasn't music to you.

Any track that starts from a drum like that is a good one.

I was going to troll with elitism but BlackSabbath outclassed me with JSB.

I'll get me coat.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
insider9 said:
Vladimir said:

I'll get me coat.
there not much music with massive swings like that and at a guess the amplifier probably dips close to 2ohm I reckon

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
insider9 said:
Vladimir said:

I'll get me coat.
there not much music with massive swings like that and at a guess the amplifier probably dips close to 2ohm I reckon

I presume insider9's music proposal is for testing transient speed and attack, not necessarily powerhandling.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
insider9 said:
Vladimir said:

I'll get me coat.

I presume insider9's music proposal is for testing transient speed and attack, not necessarily powerhandling.
he is a couple of nice albums I’ve found on tidal and both albums are top quality ones Jazz the other blues

blues album is called The long way home by Tom Principato & Steve Wolf ... jazz album is called Pickin by Tommy Emmanuel & David Grisman ...

you should like them both

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
insider9 said:
Speed and attack, sure. But it'll show up any bass issues you might have. Layering and how it resolves complex and handles what could be congested passages. It really does a lot.

I use Yim Hok Man - Poem of Chinese Drums to test the speaker cabinet glue if it holds well.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Animals As Leraders are not going to test the dynamic capabilities of any system due to the excessive dynamic compression on their commercially recordings:

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Animals+as+Leaders&album=

Physical Education reminds me of Level 42.

CAFO and Tooth and Claw remind me of King Crimson: Three of a Perfect Pair & Discipline era.

There's also some Nirvana, Yes, Rush influence in there.

Neil Young's Peace Trail showed that you don't have to over-compress modern original release commercial albums.

insider9

Very much agreed and no I wouldn't test dynamics with AAL. Opeth "Heritage" works for that very well. Interesting you spotted so many influences. I'm only starting out but mention of King Crimson, Yes and Rush can only mean good things.

I need to give that Neil Young album a listen. Thanks for recommendation.

insider9

Vladimir said:
insider9 said:
Speed and attack, sure. But it'll show up any bass issues you might have. Layering and how it resolves complex and handles what could be congested passages. It really does a lot.

I use Yim Hok Man - Poem of Chinese Drums to test the speaker cabinet glue if it holds well.

Added to the list. Thanks Vladimir.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts