Technics Su-V3amp

spikedeere

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I currently listen to spotify through I-pad and then to Techncs SU-V3 amp with Wharefdale E-30 speakers. What would be the equivelant amp and speakers in today's technology if I needed to replace current equipment?. I listen to mainly 60's, 70's and light rock. Tried listening thorough my Av system but did not like the sound for stereo music. Thanks.

manicm

We had one up - SU-V5, got stolen and got its nearest successor - SU-V4X, and both were brilliant amps.

I disagree with some when I say that hi-fi, in real terms, has actually gone up in price compared to other technology. Hand on heart, I think you're looking at something like a Cyrus to replicate the transparency of these specific Technics amps.

Not to say you can't get a great system at a good price. Give yourself a max budget that you could spend on then take it from there. Identify a few dealers and wage war!

Have fun in acquiring a new hifi.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
manicm said:
We had one up - SU-V5, got stolen and got its nearest successor - SU-V4X, and both were brilliant amps.

I disagree with some when I say that hi-fi, in real terms, has actually gone up in price compared to other technology. Hand on heart, I think you're looking at something like a Cyrus to replicate the transparency of these specific Technics amps.

Not to say you can't get a great system at a good price. Give yourself a max budget that you could spend on then take it from there. Identify a few dealers and wage war!

Have fun in acquiring a new hifi.

The suv4x output stage was a single module integrated circuit, I had a a sony TA343 and used a similar module, it sounded quite good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts