technics sl1200mk2 for 2k ?

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just browsing online and seen thoman selling a technics sl1200mk2 for two grand. Are they really worth this ? If so, I should be cashing in .

D

Deleted member 108165

audioaddict said:
Just browsing online and seen thoman selling a technics sl1200mk2 for two grand. Are they really worth this ? If so, I should be cashing in .

I guess they are worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for one.

I suppose the new 1200G is probably driving the prices upwards, but they would need to halve the price to get me interested in the G.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i think youre right doug. If i remember rightly the prices came down on the originals i think when the operating costs started dropping so it will probably be the same with the g. I am still thinking of trying a sleek modern belt drive if i could get enough for my technics. Now Technics are making em again I know that one day I can get another one so not as worried about moving mine on. Its only had light hifi use and mint so not sure what it would be worth.

D

Deleted member 108165

Strange ol' world this as if I were to imagine an image of a turntable in my head then it would be the classic Technics design that pops up first *smile*

Possibly the Hanpin clones have also driven prices upwards as people begin to realise that they certainly ain't no Technics successor.

There's a new 1200Mk2 on eBay at the mo.... yours for not much change out of £1K *shok*

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks doug will take a look.......i still think i,d be gutted if i parted with mine.......still wouldnt mind your marantz though doug

D

Deleted member 108165

Damned shame as when I bought the Marantz it was via a cracking deal offered by a Dutch company; just over £1K delivered, (unfortunately Brexit hit the pound badly so now it's not such a good deal from the EU). £1K may sound a lot but that was for the tt and a very decent bundled Clearaudio cart. To put this into perspective, using the Hanpin Pioneer I have, I paid £600 for the Pioneer without a cart, add a cart of equal value to the one bundled with the Marantz and you'd be looking at roughly the same price - c£1K. To me at the time it really was a no brainer. Even for all it's faults, and non-use since the Marantz usurped it, I'm still rather taken with the looks of the Pioneer that's the only reason I haven't moved it on yet *smile*

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
have been static for a while now. They were the same when I got my new MKll for £600. Surprised they're still selling for so much in all honesty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts