technics sl1200 for audio technica atlp1240 advice

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi chaps and chapesses, I have been thinking of replacing my sl1200mk2 for something a bit more modern and up to date ( not that theres anything wrong with my technics its been mine from new) and also something that matches the rest of my system visually too. After weeks of research to find a turntable of similar build and style ( i do prefer direct drive dj type machines for this reason) i have come to love the look of the audio technica atlp1240usb. It seems to have gotten many good reviews plus a very good review on whf, which is not normally the sort of turntable theyd go for, so m thinking it must be pretty good. So, just wanted to hear from other users of this machine or anyone who has heard it before I decide to let go of my beloved technics.

audioaddict said:
Hi chaps and chapesses, I have been thinking of replacing my sl1200mk2 for something a bit more modern and up to date ( not that theres anything wrong with my technics its been mine from new) and also something that matches the rest of my system visually too. After weeks of research to find a turntable of similar build and style ( i do prefer direct drive dj type machines for this reason) i have come to love the look of the audio technica atlp1240usb. It seems to have gotten many good reviews plus a very good review on whf, which is not normally the sort of turntable theyd go for, so m thinking it must be pretty good. So, just wanted to hear from other users of this machine or anyone who has heard it before I decide to let go of my beloved technics.

It's a good deck and if you've had it from new I'd be inclined to keep it, if you don't like the looks of it Inspire HiFi might be able to modify it for you. Better the devil you know, as they say.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
yes was thinking that, dont mind the looks at all just fancy a change mostly to match the rest of the system without taking a backwards move........shall continue to ponder

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts